26

After the ride Lydia was still latching onto Luke's arm. "I hated that all so much." She spoke and Luke smiled. "At least you got on!" Luke said happily. "Hey guys.." They heard Reggie making them turn around. "Uh..we're gonna split with them." Reggie pointed back to the girls. Lydia looked at Alex and Alex wiggled his eyebrows towards her.

They planned this.

"Okay, then, we'll meet back up right?" Lydia asked and they nodded. "Yeah, at the front in three hours." Bobby said and they both nodded.

Three hours!?

As they split off Lydia started to talk. "I thought Bobby had a girlfriend or something.." Lydia said. "I don't know..he never updated us on their relationship or something." Luke shrugged and Lydia nodded as she still held onto the boy.

"What should we do now?" Luke asked. "I'm hungry.." Lydia said and Luke nodded. "So, hotdogs maybe?" He asked. "Sure." Lydia shrugged, not really caring.

So the two talked as the waited in line. Lydia caught some girls staring at Luke but she'd always hold him closer.

She didn't want to lose him like she did.

"So...how are you and Macey?" She suddenly asked, Luke eyes widened but they quickly looked into hers. "I-I ended things with her.." Luke said. "Why? I thought you guys were happy.." Lydia lied. She just wanted to he nosey. "She was a distraction.." Luke admitted but she was taken back. "A distraction from what?" She asked. "Nothing..I'll tell you later." Luke said as they walked up and started ordering their food.

After they sat down and ate their hotdogs Luke remembered a plan that he changed around. "So, I didn't exactly go through with my plan..." Luke said and she raised her eyebrow, looking up towards the boy. "I was supposed to sing my song..I made for you. But I sort of wanted to save it for another time and now we're here at the carnival already." He said and her heart started to pound. "You made me a song?" She asked. She couldn't tell but Luke was terrified that he was admitting this. "Y-yea..it's stupid." He shook it off, but she quickly shook her head. "Luke...it's not stupid!" She said and grabbed his hand. He looked up quickly.

He didn't know what to say, he had finally confessed one thing. He made a song for her. The bigger confession had to come sooner or later. But for now he wanted to forget about it, to change the conversation.

"Hey..so we have a gig coming up, and I wanted you to come." He said, changing the subject and Lydia noticed but let it slide. "I'd love to come." She said and he smiled. "Great." He said as he gave her hand a light squeeze.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

The two stood in line for the Ferris wheel as they were still holding hands. They never really let go of each other for the rest of their time together. It was like they missed each other's touch to the point where they couldn't even let go of each other.

"Now this..I'm not scared of." Lydia said proudly and Luke laughed. "Of course you're not!" He said but little did she know that he was going to have a heart attack, not because of the ride. But because his plan was to confess once they stopped at the top.

But everything seemed to be happening too fast. Their hours were coming to an end and the best way to spend it was going on the Ferris wheel.

"Next in line!"

Luke and Lydia walked up and got into the cart as the boy closed the gate behind them. They smiled widely as they began to move. "I don't want this day to be over." Lydia said and Luke smiled, his heart pounding. "I don't want it to be over either." He said and she laughed. "I'm glad you feel the same way." She said. And Luke looked at their surroundings, close to the top.

"I had the best day with you." Lydia said as she sat closer to him and he smiled. "I did too. I can't imagine how tonight was gonna be if we didn't talk for a third or fourth day." Luke said and Lydia nodded. "I didn't like going to bed knowing that we weren't on good terms." She said. Then suddenly, the ride came to a stop.

"I-I couldn't stop thinking about you..Lydia..I have to tell you something." He said and she looked up at him. "Remember when I told you I wanted a distraction so I used Macey?" He asked and she nodded. "Well..you were why I used her as the distraction.." Luke said and Lydia heart starting pounding as she looked at him. "W-what I'm trying to say is that I..I." Luke stopped, shaking his head. "Keep going, Luke." She encouraged while she smiled. "I like you, Lydia...a lot." He said.

"A-and you don't have to like me back at all-" Lydia quickly cut the boy off. "Luke, I like you too." She confessed and he looked at her quickly. "Wait-what?" He asked shocked. She laughed as the Ferris wheel began to move once again. "Luke..you don't really know how happy I am to hear you say that..I didn't know when I was going to tell you..I was so scared-" Lydia was cut off by the boys lips.

She melted into the kiss. It was nice feeling his lips against hers. She'd sometimes imagined it, but it was better than she imagined.

They soon pulled away, knowing that they were close to the ground. "I'm sorry.." Luke said, laughing nervously. Lydia was just as nervous. "It's fine, I liked it." She said with a smile.

After they got out of the Ferris wheel they were smiling like idiots as they walked hand in hand to the entrance to meet up with the boys.

"Oh--and uh Luke.." Lydia started and he looked down to her. "I better hear that song." She said and he smiled. "You will."

edited