5

Lydia furrowed her eyebrows as she heard a knock on her door. She wasn't expecting anyone, since her mom was doing a late night shift at the hospital. Riley and Justin weren't over, and they were the only ones who knew her address. So she assumed that it had to be one of the two-or even both of them.

She walked downstairs and walked over to door slowly opening it. Seeing who she expected made her want to roll her eyes at the sight of Justin standing there, towering over her. Sorrow on his face.

"What do you want Justin?" She asked, she was mad at him and Riley. How could they ditch her for the whole day and now he finally showed up around seven at night. "I-I just came from practice." He said and she sighed, shaking her head in disbelief. "I can see that." Her eyes darted to to his duffel bag on his shoulder. And he chuckled, dropping his head down. He was clearly making things worse and her scolding him somehow made him laugh, it made the girls heart flutter. As much as she hated it, it happened.

No! Don't let you stupid crush on him ruin this.

She was scolding herself as well.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry, we wanted to try something new-" Lydia cut him off. "Something new? That's good...I get that but completely cutting me off and ditching me is a whole different thing, Justin. And I don't appreciate what you guys did to me. Not only that...Riley didn't even tell me that she wasn't coming to study today." Lydia said and Justin looked down, sighing deeply. Lydia only needed communication in any relationship she had.

"I apologize for everything. I know it was a pretty shitty thing for us to do. You know I would never leave you, Lyds. You mean so much to me." Justin said.

Why did he have to say it like that? It's like he knows I like him or something!

"You're forgiven." The girl gave in, being disappointed with herself. But the only difference was that she was only doing it for the sake of her guilt. If she wouldn't have accepted his apology she would've felt like a bad friend. She knew him for most of her life, she knew how he was.

"Yes!" He celebrated as he went in for a hug but she quickly held up her finger. "But don't think you can easily give me a hug, see you at school ." She said and closed the door in his face.

She smirked at the door as she locked it and walked back upstairs. She was proud that she didn't give in too much.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Once the girl arrived at the school she was slightly nervous to see Justin and Riley. After she slammed the door she felt bad but he deserved it. And that's exactly what she told herself. Which he did.

But what wasn't sitting right with her was Riley. The girl hadn't even called, or came over to tell Lydia that everything was okay. It was unlike Riley. She always checked in.

So as Lydia went to her locker, in the corner of her eyes she saw Justin and Riley walking her way but she proceeded to act like she didn't see them.

By the time they stood next to her locker, Lydia still ignored their presents. Acting as if she still didn't notice them. Justin cleared his throat making her look over at them.

"Oh-hey guys!" She greeted them sarcastically. Riley rolled her eyes as she laughed softly. "So we deserved that." Riley said. "Especially you." Lydia said and looked over to Riley. "Wha-why?" Riley asked and Lydia raised her eyebrow. Riley cleared her throat. "I know...I was a dick-I'm so sorry." Riley apologized, Lydia nodded even though it was the bare minimum. Her attention was taking away by an abrupt movement from behind her friends. She noticed Reggie and Alex waving. She smiled as she waved back and looked back at her two best friends.

"Want us to walk you to class?" Justin offered but the brown girl only shook her head. "No, I already have a walking buddy." Lydia said and walked past them walking over to the band the girl could not stop talking about. She hugged the brunette who was wearing a red flannel. She then hugged the boy with blonde hair.

Riley and Justin looked at each other noticing one another's highly confused facial expressions. Not too long ago she was fangirling over the band, now she was friends with them.

They obviously missed a couple of chapters.

edited