35

SEQUEL

"Let's see what you got, losers!" Lydia said as she sat next to Luke and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Okay, so, we have our video intro. Then Now or Never, then our band introduction. From there we have the six new songs." Luke explained and she nodded. "That sounds pretty solid to me." She said with a look of satisfaction. "But practicing it doesn't." Reggie said and Lydia laughed. "So that's seven songs to practice at least twice?" Alex said. "Thats not as bad as answering multiple phone calls, making sure to write important stuff down, having to deny peoples proposals and hearing how disappointed they sound is worse." Lydia said. "At least you know how to be a good manager." Bobby said and she nodded.

After their performance so many people were trying to sign them to their record label. It was a tough spot for Lydia after she got her own landline and they called it non-stop.

"I'm surprised you guys aren't that excited." She said. "No, we're excited, but more nervous." Luke said. "Especially me." Alex called. "You guys are talented." She said and they sighed. "You think it'll be good enough, I mean, it seems boring." Luke said and Lydia furrowed her eyebrows. "No, baby, it's great." Lydia reassured him. "Get a room." Bobby teased and they all laughed. "I think it's gonna be amazing for your first tour." She said and they nodded. "It's summer, and we're spending our summer on tour, we gotta live life!" Alex said and Lydia smiled, knowing that he was right.

They told there parents that college was going to wait. Which made all of their parents angry, but they wanted to show them that their music career would help. Playing at the Orpheum made their career grow, they hadn't got signed to a record label yet, only because they wanted to explore first which ones they liked the most-or how much each was offering. So they were practically "risking" everything. But they called it playing it smart.

Lydia laid her legs over Luke's thighs and he placed his arm on top of them. "So, are you guys gonna let me hear these new songs before my lunch break is over?" She asked, knowing that she'd have to go back home, into her room answering many calls. "How about we show them to you tonight, therefore you don't have to worry about rushing back to the phone calls." Luke said and she nodded. "Yeah, that sounds better." Lydia said and she stood up and hugged the boys goodbye, giving Luke a kiss on the way out.

Once she arrived to her house she walked inside to see her dad and mom sitting at the table. Ever since Lydia mentioned going on tour with the boys, her dad had been over almost every day. It was truly getting annoying.

"You're back early." Her dad said. "I know, business calls." She said and tried walking up to her room. "Wait a second..I just want to talk." He said and she sighed as she looked over at him. "Are you sure about letting college wait?" Her dad asked and she threw her head back in annoyance. "Dad, I haven't even turn eighteen yet-we all haven't. I still have time, the boys still have time. We're just seeing if touring goes well." She said. "But you aren't the one performing." Her dad spoke. "But I'm their manager. I also want to be there to support my boyfriend and best friends." She reasoned but her dad only sighed deeply. "Listen, if you're just here to try to stop me from going on tour just leave, because I am not giving in-they're gonna make it. They already have fans around the world thanks to the news and VHS Stanley! Did you know people from New York City called VHS Stanley just to order the tape of the band?" Lydia started to raise her voice.

She took a deep breathe, calming herself down and she walked up the stairs going into her room. She sighed as the phone began to ring, it perfect timing. She could get her mind off of her parents.

"Hi, this is Lydia Harper, manager for Sunset Curve." She started. The girl nearly groaned hearing another fast talker, talking about deals and their record label. She wrote down plot points, pros and cons, then replied. "Yeah, I'll get back to you soon!" she finished off the call, the placed it down and it rang again.