Symphony

She didn't believe me.

She betrayed me.

I would show her.

I would prove to her I meant it.

And I knew just how.

He was coming out of his apartment when I grabbed him. He struggled but the syringe I stabbed into his neck put a quick stop to that.

I took him to the cabin I'd prepared for her. It was still barren, not quite ready, but perfect for this. I tied his limp body to a kitchen chair, tightening the ropes so hard I knew they'd burn.

Then I waited.

He finally woke up a few hours later, groggy and disoriented. His eyes drifted around the room before finding me, lounging in a chair across from him. His brows furrowed.

"What the hell, man? What's going on?"

I stood up slowly and pulled out a large hunting knife from my belt.

"I have to be honest with you. I've never done this before." I chuckled. "It's kind of thrilling, don't you think?"

Fear flickered through his eyes. "What are you doing?! You know me--please--"

He screamed as the knife slashed across his chest. I grinned.

"God, that feels so much better than I thought it would."

He was crying now and I relished in it. His tears added to the beautiful symphony that was his pain.

"Please--stop--why are you doing this--please--"

"You know why." I snarled and slashed at him again.

His screams echoed into the night long after he'd fallen unconscious from the pain.