Soft Pink

I smiled, my fingers touching my lips as I remembered last night.

She was divine.

Her little pink lips were so soft against mine. I couldn't get enough of her. She was my drug.

I watched through the screen as she woke up and stretched. I knew she didn't sleep well last night, and I felt a little guilty, but it was worth it. Everything involving her was worth it.

I texted her.

Me: Good morning, beautiful.

She glanced at her phone and went pale. She bit down on her bottom lip and wrapped her arms around herself.

Me: You better get moving if you don't want to be late for work.

She sighed, but got up and got dressed in the bathroom. I eyed her bathroom door while she's in there. It was the one room I didn't put cameras in. I had more decency than that. But at times like this I wished a little bit that I hadn't.

She came back out in slacks and a long sleeved blouse. She skipped breakfast and walked out the door. I frown.

Me: You're not going to eat?

She glanced down at her phone and clutched it tight.

Kasey: I feel sick. Wonder why?

I chuckled and shook my head.

Me: You need to eat, Kasey.

Kasey: Screw you.

I chuckled. She drove to work and I waited patiently, switching my cameras to the ones I'd set up at the bookstore. I caught her as she was walking in. Her boss greeted her at the door and let her inside and she walked to the breakroom to put her stuff away. I smiled as I watched her. Every little thing she did was just beautiful. The sway of her hips. The swing of her arms. The bob of her head as she walked. The little things got to me. The little things were what made her so perfect.

I couldn't help myself. I had to talk to her. I wanted her attention. I wanted it solely on me. Not on this stupid job.

She wouldn't need it anyway once she was with me.

Me: I miss the taste of you already.

She grimaced.

Kasey: Well, I don't miss you. Stay away from me. And stop texting me while I'm at work!

I smiled to myself.

Me: You won't be at work much longer.

She stilled.

Kasey: What do you mean by that?

Me: I mean you're going to quit.

I chuckled at her horrified expression. I knew she loved that job but she wouldn't need it soon and the less people that asked questions the better.

Kasey: No, I'm not!

I sighed.

Me: Yes, you are. Unless you want little Hailey to end up like Cole and Elliot?

She paled.

Me: Go talk to your boss. Now. And remember, I'm always watching.

She looked like she was going to chuck her phone across the room for a minute, but then she just shoved it in her pocket. She walked to her boss's office and I watched as she told him she was leaving and she was sorry she couldn't give a two weeks notice. Personal problems arose and it couldn't be helped. He was sad and a little confused but understanding.

She finished up working that day and headed home.

I switched my camera back to the ones at her apartment and my eyes narrowed.

Hailey's at her door.

I sent a quick text to Kasey.

Me: Tell her to leave.

She looked confused as she walked up to her apartment, but then she looked up and found Hailey and realization dawned.

"Hailey, what are you doing here?"

Hailey wrung her hands. "I was worried about you. You ran out on me yesterday."

"I'm sorry about that, but you need to go."

Her face fell.

"What? But Kasey--"

Kasey sighed and I could see she wanted to give in. I needed Hailey out of the way. I needed her gone.

Me: Tell her you never want to see her again.

Kasey's bit her lip as she stared at my text. Tears pricked at her eyes. She looked up at Hailey.

"You need to go, Hailey. And I don't want you coming back."

The devestated look on Hailey's face made my heart warm.

"What are you saying, Kasey?" She breathed.

Kasey looked down at her hands. "I'm saying yesterday was a mistake. What almost happened shouldn't have. I don't like you like that."

"B-but--"

"Just go, Hailey. I don't want to see you again."

A single tear slid down Hailey's cheek. I smiled.

She pushed past Kasey and rushed down the stairs.

Kasey entered her apartment and broke down crying. My brows furrowed as I watched her.

Me: Don't cry, Kasey. This is all for the best.

She threw her phone on the couch and threw herself onto her bare bed. She curled up and pulled the throw blanket she'd used last night over her body.

She cried herself to sleep.