Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Jessica's POV

I was surprised the moment we entered the Latsis property. The estate was very massive.

Big trees, trimmed bushes and beautiful flowers of different kinds were seen the moment the huge iron gates opened. The car turned a curb then drove through a long wide road. Straight ahead stood proudly the huge three-storey mansion that looked like a modern castle.

My eyes grew so big.

My goodness. When I thought I married someone rich, I never imagined this rich! The Latsis are insanely rich.

When we entered the mansion, I spun in a full circle taking it in. Everything looked so elegant, expensive, spotlessly clean and shiny that I was afraid to step on the floor or touch anything. I might have lost my memory, but I had a feeling that I had never seen or been to an extravagant and luxurious house like that of the Latsis in my entire life.

I wonder where and how I met such a wealthy man for a husband, because I feel like I'm just an ordinary girl who lives a very simple life.

"Everything here is so beautiful," I said to Kora.

"This is just the foyer." Kora looked at me with an amused expression. "Wait till you see the whole house."

She guided me to the main living room.

My mouth dropped open.

I was momentarily speechless seeing the exquisite living room. I felt like stepping inside a glossy page of a billionaire's home in a magazine.

My eyes riveted at the black shiny grand piano that stood in the center of the room. I felt a sudden leap of happiness the moment I saw it. I wanted to touch it, to feel the shiny black and white keys with the tips of my fingers.

"Did Troy play the piano?"

"No. Only Mrs. Latsis. She's really good at it."

My heart suddenly fluttered upon knowing that my mother in law is a good pianist. "I'm excited to hear her play."

"You will hear a lot, she plays every day when she's home."

I studied the luxurious white furniture set. Huge sofa set with two corner tables and a marble table at the center. The floor to ceiling curtains at the back were also in matching white with gold and silver embroideries. They were all parted in the center and tied in silk gold ropes at the sides, showing the nice view of the garden outside.

Beautiful flowers inside elegant vases, dainty figurines, and brass lamps were everywhere. Hanging on the high ceiling was a massive crystal chandelier, and I had no doubt that the paintings on the walls were from the world's famous painters.

My eyes caught the picture frame standing alone on the corner table. I moved closer and stared at the family picture of the Latsis.

I touched the silver frame, and turned to Kora when she said, "It was taken during Mr. Troy's last visit. That was a very memorable moment for the family. His mother played the piano while Mr. Troy sang. He had a very nice voice. And Mr. Latsis, I mean his father, happily danced with Miss Skylar."

I studied each face in the picture. Mr. and Mrs. Latsis aged beautifully as a couple. The way they held each other's hands showed how much in love they were.

Skylar, the only girl among the siblings, was a very pretty woman. She stood between the two men, behind Mr. and Mrs. Latsis.

My eyes focused on Aaron, who was seated on the arm of his mother's chair. Undeniably, he looked more like his father and even dressed the same in a classic suit.