Wattpad Original
There are 8 more free parts

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Aaron's POV

This woman had the ability of making me lose my temper. Damn her. The sight of her entering the dining room and wearing only a sweater took me by surprise. What the hell. Did she forget her pants? Or was she deliberately trying to provoke me?

If she was used to flaunting her body in Florida then she would not do it here. She had to learn to behave. I would not tolerate such behavior.

She murmured something again and I caught her first word. She just called me a bastard.

"You said something. What is it!"

She put her fork down and looked straight at me. "You don't have to shout, we're having dinner."

I twisted my lips nastily and held her eyes. "I'm shouting because," I said with emphasis, "it seems like you not only lost your memory, but also your hearing."

"Excuse me. I heard you loud and clear."

"That's good, because I don't have a habit of repeating myself."

She heaved a long sigh then went back concentrating on her food. I noticed that she put aside the baby carrots and green beans on her plate.

"So, you don't like carrots and beans, huh?"

She looked at her plate, then said, "No, I don't. I prefer potatoes, either mashed or chips, and of course, my favorite, broccoli."

I gave her a sarcastic, amused expression. "How strange that you remember."

She frowned, shifting her position on her chair. "I know. It must be in my subconscious mind."

"Really?" I chuckled.

"A hundred and one percent," she answered with a sarcastic smile and continued eating her food.

This woman had no regard for the calories she ate. She had two slices of meat, two servings of mashed potatoes, sipped gravy like a soup, and ate two slices of pavlova with fruits and double whipped cream. At the moment, she was digging into a bowl of chocolate ice cream. I would not be surprised if she ended up in a food coma after dinner.

"I heard you've been to Troy's room. So, did you miss him?"

I was trying to catch her, to get a reaction. Maybe she would drop her pretence if she was caught off guard.

Instead she put down her fork and gave me a confused expression. "No. How could I? I totally don't remember him, even my feelings for him."

"Wow. You remembered small things like your food preference but forgot your feelings for your husband? The brain may have forgotten, Jessica, but your heart won't."

"If that's a fact, then something is wrong with me. I must have been mad not to feel anything when I saw Troy's photo. It was like seeing a complete stranger."

"Come on, cut the drama. I saw you play the piano this afternoon, and you did it well without missing a note. How could you remember a complicated piece? So stop all the pretence, Jessica, and stop acting innocent. You're nothing but a liar. Whatever your plan is, I'll make sure that you won't succeed."

Her eyes immediately widened. She glared at me angrily and said, "For your information, Mr. Latsis, I don't know why I can play the piano well, I was also surprised. And for a thousand times, I'm not pretending to have lost my memory. I wish I was, but it's so real. I don't understand why you are so mean to me. I was in a tragic plane crash, and I just got out of the hospital this morning with no memories of the past, and here you are accusing me of lying. What did I do to make you hate me so much?"

I put down my knife and held her eyes. "You really want to know, Jessica?"

"Of course. I'm tired of you treating me like I'm some sort of a criminal. Tell me now."

"You married Troy."

"That's it? So what if I married your brother? Am I the kind of woman that doesn't deserve to marry a Latsis?"

I let out a short laugh. "Yes. You put him under your thumb. You brainwashed him and even encouraged his drug addiction. If it weren't for you, he would still be alive right now."

"Wait... what? I married a drug addict?"

"Why so surprised?" I asked in a sarcastic tone. This woman was taking her acting too seriously already.

"I can't believe that I married a man like that. I'm pretty sure that I don't like drugs... and I would never encourage anyone to be hooked on drugs."

"But you did, Jessica. Thanks to you, I lost my brother."

"So, you're blaming me for your brother's death? You said it was a helicopter accident. Why? Did I blow it up?"

"Possibly. You and your evil ways."

"Oh my God, I would never do that!"

"You have no idea of your capabilities. You also influenced Troy to gamble and drink.

He was in and out of prison because of you! You encouraged his vices."

"Am I really the cause? What about you and your family? What did you do to help him?"

"We did everything we could. But do you know what you did? You made him turn his back against his own family. He wouldn't talk to us. Instead, it was you who communicated with me. Only because you both wanted money."

Jessica dropped her fork and clattered on the table. She looked so pale as she stared at me in shock.