Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Jessica's POV

"Hi, Celine, nice meeting you." I forced a smile at her, and hoped she would loosen her grip on me. My hand started to go numb, like it was like being clasped by a very muscular hand.

"Excuse me, I'll get you both a drink," Aaron said, then immediately left.

I was relieved when she immediately freed my hand, still thankful that she did not break my bones.

"So you're Jessica, the leech who stole Troy away from me."

I was shocked at the sudden attack.

She smirked, and continued, "I wonder what Troy saw in you, you don't even look stunning. Did you spread your legs in front of him?"

That was a very mean thing to say. I faced her squarely and said calmly, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I may not be stunning to you, but for him I am."

She laughed aloud, then said, "The usual excuse of an ugly woman like you. " She eyed me up and down. "I recognized your dress and your shoes, they're from Chanel. Oh dear, no matter how expensive your clothes are, you still look like a rat."

My eyebrows rose, but still remained calm.

"I pity you, you're furious and jealous for being rejected. Troy obviously saw the real you. Your personality stinks like a dead rat. I don't give a damn whatever you say, it won't change the fact that he married me, not you."

"Yes, bitch, he married you. Actually, I should be thankful to you that I did not have to deal with a psychopath husband. I realize that he was good for nothing. I should have paid more attention to his older brother."

"You mean Aaron?"

I was not surprised when she lifted her chin, and answered. "Exactly. I was blind to choose the weakest and most gullible among the Latsis brothers. But now, I'm making sure that I will get the best man."

"Good luck. Believe me, both of you suited each other. You're both ruthless, nasty and judgemental."

Celine was about to fire back when Aaron arrived holding two drinks. Her expression softened as she smiled adoringly at him.

"Hmm... I love Moscato. You're so sweet, Aaron."

He turned to me and gave me my drink. "Here's yours."

I sniffed the clear liquid and the smell of alcohol made me feel dizzy already.

"What's this?" I asked him.

"It's your favorite drink. Troy mentioned that you're a big vodka drinker."

"Really?" I took a sip of the liquid and I shuddered. I felt like I was about to throw up. The alcohol was too overwhelming, it tasted like poison. "Sorry, I can't drink this. It's so disgusting." I held out the glass to him and he took it.

"Are you sure?" His eyebrows furrowed. "That is so hard to believe when you'd drink vodka like water. It's the only thing you order when you go on a rave."

"Seriously? I'm a big vodka drinker? I can't even tolerate a sip on it. And what's a rave?"

"It's a lively party, mostly wild, with dancing and drinking. You're a rave girl and introduced Troy to it."

"So I'm good at dancing?"

"Most probably," he answered, then turned to Celine when she asked him about his dad's new car.

I was suddenly bothered by my new discovery. So I was a rave girl. I loved parties, dancing and drinking. But I felt like they were not my thing. I did not like crowded parties. Dancing seemed so awkward, my body was too stiff for that, and drinking... ugh! I could not tolerate too much alcohol.