Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Jessica's POV

The pool was breathtaking. It was like being in paradise. How clever the Latsis were, making this kind of concept in a pool. It was a rock pool design with waterfalls, flowing river, jacuzzi and artificial white sand. Palm trees and different kinds of flowers surrounded the pool area.

I was tempted to take a swim the moment I saw it but I had to hold back because the weather was so cold. Like this morning, when I woke up, it was like autumn. But I was still hopeful to have a swim today, since I learned how unpredictable the weather in New Zealand was, it changed every hour.

The weather turned summer in the afternoon. I could not contain my excitement that I changed into one of the swimsuits that Mrs. Latsis bought for me, a white string bikini.

I realized that I loved the water, it felt so good on my skin and gave me some kind of energy. Surprisingly, I could dive and swim in different styles and strokes. I was even wishing for a surfboard and ocean waves. The discovery made me wonder if I lived near a beach in Florida.

I did one last lap, then got out of the water.

"Wow, you're a great swimmer. I was waiting for you to drown so I can give you mouth to mouth resuscitation."

My head turned to the man walking towards me. I recognized him from the picture in the living room. Edward, the second-born child of Mr. and Mrs. Latsis.

"I'm sure you're an expert on it, no doubt about that." I smiled at him, and took a towel to dry myself.

He laughed then continued walking towards me.

"Watch out," I warned him of the broken stone moulding on the ground. I almost tripped on it earlier.

Too late, he tripped his foot on it and fell on his knees on the ground.

"See? I'm falling for you." He groaned in pain and laid his back on the ground, holding his left knee.

I ran towards him and knelt beside him. "That's a cheesy one. Are you okay?"

"I'm not. I'm the one in need of a mouth to mouth right now. Can you give it to me?"

My lips twisted in the corner as I observed him. He was obviously playing a game with me. Another brother-in-law to deal with.

"You'll survive." I stood up and offered my hand to help him get up. He took it and stood up effortlessly.

"Hello, Jessica, I'm Edward."

"Hi, Edward." I smiled at him. "I recognized you right away from the photo in the living room."

"Ahh... that photo, it was not my best shot." He chuckled, then he guided me to a table with two wicker chairs.

When we settled on the chairs, he continued, "Talking of photos, you look different in person. I imagined you to be... older, I mean, mature looking."

"Oh. You must be disappointed."

He shook his head, then chuckled, "The opposite. You look young and ten times lovelier. No wonder Troy fell so hard on you. I can't blame him why he married you right away."

"That's very flattering. I hope you mean it well, because I know someone who would strongly disagree with you."

"You mean Aaron." He laughed, then turned to the maid who brought us some drinks, "Thank you," he said to the maid, then poured the bottle of L&P soda in his glass.

I took a sip of my orange juice and observed him. He was equally handsome as Aaron but more stylish.

Aaron wore a classic gray business suit and plain shirts, while Edward wore printed shirts. His dark shades were on top of his head, silver, leather and beaded bracelets on his right wrist while he wore an expensive looking black watch on the left. He also wore three thick silver rings on different fingers.