15

It took him a moment to sink in.

He immediately pulled his hands away. The lights flickered in the room, adding more effect to the deafening silence. He straightened his collar, ignoring the tears cascading down his face.

Yoongi swallowed the words he wanted to say.

His best friend, the guy who never left his side, the guy who he knew since they were children, wasn't in love with her. He was in love with him.

How did Yoongi never know it? How couldn't Yoongi notice the remote hints?

"You can't believe it, can you?" Hoseok asked, swallowing the bitter-sweet taste of tears in his mouth. "When have you ever asked your best friend if he was feeling okay?"

"You don't care about me, do you? You never noticed that the person who loved you more than anything was near you all this time, did you?"

Yoongi was at a loss for words, it was all his fault. He never took care of his friend, he was too busy. To busy to notice that there was a person who loved him more than anything.

"You know what hurts the most? It's the fact that you won't love me no matter how much I love you."

Yoongi's face was blank because of his shocking revelation. Hoseok locked eyes with him, breathing steadily. There was a fire in his eyes, which was enough to consume him as a whole.

But immediately, the fire in his eyes extinguished, replacing the rage with affectionate moist ones. He approached closer, "I'm sorry I never told you."

"It's not like I didn't want to, I tried lying to myself for years. I tried convincing myself every night, that I don't care about you. But in the end, I knew I would do anything for you if it brings a smile to your face."

A tear ran down his cheek, while Hoseok shook his head, "I couldn't help myself, Yoongi. I couldn't help it than falling in love with you."

He paused for a second, approaching closer to him, caressing his cheek, "I never told you. It's been three years since I figured it out."

Yoongi nodded, slowly taking in his words. He locked eyes with him, he bit his lower lip in trepidation. 

Hoseok turned his head, and shut the door, leaving Yoongi alone in the room.

"I'm sorry, Hobi. I should've known it earlier," he mumbled.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you alone."