39

If only I could stop thinking about her, maybe I would be able to get some sleep, the blue-haired boy thought, after turning left and right on his bed. 

It reminded him of the time she somehow got through his window and climbed up to his bedroom, at the perfect timing: when he was shirtless.

Well, it was only to take some of his notes, but the first thing that she landed her eyes on was his shirtless figure, which of course, she couldn't deny that she didn't like the view. 

But when his perfect partner called 'sleep' had abandoned him, his thoughts of her kept him company. 

Yoongi sighed in distress, rubbing his temples as he peered outside the window. He had hidden his feelings for a long time, he clearly knew what he was feeling.

He knew what all of it meant, how he could imagine living with her for the rest of her life. How he knew even the trivial things about her. How he couldn't go a day without seeing her. He groaned in frustration. But right now he couldn't handle it anymore.

 He had to get her off his mind.

And the only way to do that was to meet her.

Everyone had gone to their bedrooms. Even that guy who wouldn't stop talking about his parrot. 

 Maybe this wasperfect time.

 Maybe this was the right moment he had been waiting for.

Maybe he could finally confess. As he made the decision on a whim, he got up from his bed and threw a shirt over himself. Yoongi took out the perfume from his cupboard, making sure it wasn't a disinfectant spray, and headed out.

He slammed the door shut, as he walked towards her room, knowing that it was already an hour past midnight.

Yoongi was about to burst through the door but then halted.

I should probably knock. What if she's changing her clothes?

He grinned to himself at the thought, Not that I would've minded it.

Yoongi knocked twice, hearing muffled voices from the room. He leaned towards the door, his hand resting on the handle as his heartbeats raced at an unusual rate. He flung the door open.

Yoongi noticed the sudden atmosphere, the thickness of the tension in the air, how Chaerin stood frozen in front of him, her eyes widened.

She turned around abruptly, hearing the doorknob turn. 

"Is anything wrong?" He stepped forward, tucking hands inside his pockets as he walked towards her. Chaerin turned towards the blonde girl as she asked calmly, "Rae, why is my bracelet in your bag?"

Yoongi knit his eyebrows in confusion, "Bracelet?" 

"I thought I lost it."

He stepped forward and that's when his eyes went down to the bracelet that was almost buried in the heap of clothes on the floor. He picked it up, as he agreed, "She's right." His voice was quiet and calm as he looked up from his hands, eyes showing more confusion than curiosity.

Rae clenched both fists by her side as she hesitated, trying to find an excuse. "I don't know. I guess it was just there." She pursed her lips, her blood boiling in fury.

Chaerin frowned, "Rae, you searched for it with me." She crossed her arms. "And now I found it in your bag which explains why you were impatient and irritated."

The blonde girl clenched her jaw, just the way she looked at her showed how much she detested the girl standing in front of her. Her voice was deadly quiet as she prompted, "So?"

"Does it matter? Didn't you get it back?"

Chaerin frowned, "But why'd you steal it? You could've asked."

An infuriated deep voice snarled through the air, "Because you get everything! You've got a perfect life, unlike mine!" A pint of blood drained from her face, but she didn't care. All she knew was that she had to let it all out, someday or other.

She clenched her jaw in fury, "Do you know how irritating this is?" Her lips were curled into a snarl, "How these repeated thefts satisfy my urges? Even though I have no value for them, it's fucking irritating how I do it all the time!"

Chaerin flinched at the sudden confession. Repeated thefts?  She looked completely stunned, staring at her from across the room.

Yoongi just stood there stiffly, his eyes fixed on her, taking in every single word. Her dark hooded gaze met his, reading his mind clearly. The silence is brief before she spats, "Yes, I did stole it! I did a few abhorrent things like that. But it's not like I wanted to." 

Then she turned towards the girl who stood closely next to Yoongi and cowered at her sight. Almost as if she read her mind, she said,  "If you're thinking whether I hate you, then that's right. I do hate you. I loathe the sight of you."

 The girl trembled with anger, eyes burning in fury. "Maybe it's just because you have a better life than mine or maybe it's just because you always get the guys I like," she admitted steadily as she looked up from the floor.

Chaerin almost gasped, glancing at Yoongi who didn't take his eyes off her. He was listening attentively as he held her hand. Questions and doubts ran inside her head as she stared at Rae who was looking down. An uncomfortable lump formed in her throat.

As if Yoongi read her mind, he stepped forward. The uneasy look in his eyes remained, his voice was steady as he asked, "So...you're the one who sent her those messages?"

Rae scowled, but her gaze softened as she looked at Yoongi. She sighed and continued to look down. Her clenched fists started to loosen up as if she had let out all her anger.

"It's me." A smooth and almost addicting voice chimed in, "I'm the one who sent her those."

And that's when Chaerin gasped, heartbeats hammering against her chest as she realized that the voice belonged to no one other than Choi Beomgyu.

* * * 

A/N:

1064 words, I-

Yes, Rae has Kleptomania. Btw, Beomgyu isn't gay if that's what you're thinking. But was it too obvious that it was him though?

 But was it too obvious that it was him though?