Chapter Ten *Edited*

Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through

Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through. ~Cinderella

Chapter 10.

"There's a high possibility you're Princess Sophia."

This particular sentence has been playing in my head, causing a mental blockage that makes me incapable of processing it effectively. Its potential truth could lead to a significant shift in my life, with a new and brighter future ahead of me. However, it would also mean that I was deceived for the entirety of my eighteen years by the people I trusted with my life. Unfortunately, I will never be able to find closure since the people who know the truth have vanished.

Ever since Astra came into my life, I noticed she knew more than she let on. While she wasn't forthcoming, I stopped pressing her about it. However, I have an inkling she knows what they're talking about.

"Astra, do you think that what they're saying holds some truth?"

"I cannot confirm nor deny this assumption. Whatever the truth is, you must find it yourself. But I have some advice for you. Keep an open mind about everything. Some things might seem fictitious, but fiction comes from reality."

She retreats. She's still present but won't be answering more of my questions.

Alpha Xavier breaks the silence. "My suspicions began from the moment I met you. You resembled the portrait of the princess when she was older, but there was an uncanny resemblance to the Queen. You share your eye color, hair color, dimpled cheeks, and body anatomy. Your height stems from the King, that, and the nose."

"Honestly," I confess. "This is too hard to believe, like a rags-to-riches story, but I can't wrap my head around me being the protagonist."

"If you want, I have a picture of the Royal couple. You can see for yourself. It's not high resolution, but you'll get the gist of it," Alpha Xavier offers.

"I would love to," I reply, my voice wavering. I cough to disguise my emotions.

As I wait for Alpha Xavier to retrieve the picture, my mind and heart are at war.

My mind wants to analyze the supposed picture from top to bottom, looking for any truth, but my heart doesn't know if it can handle more disappointment.

How many times can someone face betrayal?

Scratch that. There can never be too many betrayals.

Whatever happens, happens.

I'll gather my strength to analyze the picture and use the differences to dispute the argument and call it a day.

But that's easier said than done. It's particularly tough when I get my hands on the picture.

There's a slight resemblance to the man in the picture, presumably the King, but it is arguable. However, that doesn't apply to the woman. She looks like an older version of me, or I look like her younger version. She even has the same smile as I do!