Chapter Twenty *Edited*

She didn't want to be loved 

for her petals, she wanted to

be loved for her thorns. She 

knew if someone loved her

flaws, they would love her

whole.

~Unknown

Chapter 20.

"Get in the car, quick!" Julian urges me as he pulls Johny out of the driver's seat and takes his place. "Someone's on their way to pick you up as we speak." With that, he speeds off like a bullet before I can even buckle my seatbelt.

For the first few minutes of the drive, I remain speechless. Everything happened so fast, and I'm not sure what spooked Julian. It's not about the note, I'm sure. If she wanted to hurt me, she would have acted on it. She would have used the note as a weapon.

"What's happening, Julian? Why did we have to leave in such a hurry?"

Julian looks at me and then back at the road but says nothing. We've spent quite some time together, but he still hasn't realized I hate being in the dark. I need to know everything happening, and I won't stop until I have all the answers.

"Did you see something? Were you scared they were going to attack us?" I keep pressing, but still no answer.

"Julian!" I yell, knowing that I'm being reckless, but I also know that he won't let anything happen to me.

"What? I'm driving! Can't you see that? We'll talk later!" He yells back, his frustration evident.

"Are you sure about what you just did? Be careful how you answer," I warn him, my voice dropping octaves that even surprise me.

Julian sighs, clutching the steering wheel so tight that I'm afraid it will break. "Can you let me drive in peace, and I'll explain everything later?"

"Fine," I say. "But when is later happening? And where are you taking us?"

"Soon. Just trust me, please," Julia pleads with me.

Maybe I'm being irrational, but he was behaving recklessly as well. He pushed me into the car and drove off without letting me open the letter. But I know when I'm fighting a losing battle, and this is one of them. Julian won't answer any of my questions until we reach our destination. I'll have to wait and see, but if he doesn't keep his promise, all hell will break loose.

 I'll have to wait and see, but if he doesn't keep his promise, all hell will break loose