Chapter Eleven *Edited*

Closure is not a one-time event; it's a process of healing and letting go

~Unknown

Chapter 11.

As I walk behind Zoey and Alpha Xavier, seemingly lost in my surroundings, I can't help but feel awestruck by the grandeur of the castle. It's vast and sprawling, with lush greenery as far as the eye can see. Despite all the hustle and bustle around me, there's a serene atmosphere.

Suddenly, an older man dressed in a black suit emerges from the French-style doors with an all-around smile

Suddenly, an older man dressed in a black suit emerges from the French-style doors with an all-around smile. "Alpha Xavier, Mz. Zoey. Nice to see you again," he greets them warmly. As his gaze falls upon me, momentarily, he seems surprised before his face lights up with recognition.

"Welcome, Miss. I'm Marquise, the royal butler," he says, extending his hand.

"I'm Ava. Nice to meet you, Marquise," I respond, shaking his hand before returning it to my side.

"The Alpha King and Queen are expecting you. If you follow me, I'll lead you to them," Marquise says, gesturing for us to follow him.

As we walk, I can't help but feel like I'm running a marathon. My heart is racing, and my mind is working on overdrive. It's as if I'm in a dream, and I don't know if I'll ever wake up.

Finally, we arrive at a set of doors, and Marquise opens them to reveal a room that's even more magnificent than the castle itself. Sitting side-by-side behind a massive mahogany desk is the Alpha King and Queen. They're a young couple, no older than their early thirties. They're dressed casually in comfortable clothes. Despite their status, their smiles are warm and welcoming.

I can feel their eyes on me as I step into the room. It's not surprising, considering how much I resemble the Queen. But it's still unnerving, and I feel out of place.

"Xavier, Zoey. How long has it been since we last saw you? You couldn't spare a minute to visit your old folks, could you?" the King greets them, hugging them warmly. His wife follows suit, but she keeps glancing at me every once in a while.