Chapter Forty-Two

Even a good player will someday become a toy of a better player.

It's called Karma.

~Unknown

"You bitch!" She calls out as soon as she comes face to face with the guards all pointing their guns filled with wolfsbane towards her. Wolfsbane may be lethal to us werewolves, but it also affects other supernatural species such as witches. A small amount of wolfsbane can cause the absence of a witch's ability for almost seventy-two hours. "You didn't really believe I will let you leave just like that, did you? Please bring her to the dungeons. Don't hesitate to shoot her if she resists or tries to fight back." I order the guards. I head inside my wardrobe to change into something more suitable for the situation. I wouldn't want to get these clothes dirty, would I?

 I wouldn't want to get these clothes dirty, would I?

On my way to the dungeons, I stumble across Chris. His gaze trails up and down my body. From the way that his eyes darken I can tell that he likes what he's seeing. "Where are you going dressed like that? Don't tell me that your plan worked?" "Maybe." I smirk back at him. He laughs in disbelief. "You were right all along. She actually came." "You're really lucky to have a genius like me as a mate." I joke, and he throws his head back, laughing. "Seriously now, do you want me to come? Are you sure you can handle her on your own?" That's a good question that even I can't answer. I ain't gonna lie, she intimidates me. She's not as stupid as her ass of a mate. "I've got this. I need to do it alone. If you come with me then she'll believe that I need to hide someone to face her. That I need others to fight my battles." "Then at least allow me to wait outside. I need to be there in case anything goes south." "I can do that." I nod along. "But make sure not to be seen."

"How are you enjoying your stay here? I trust my pack members are taking care of you and making your stay worthwhile." She sends me a murderous glare as she sits chained to a steel chair. "Fine. Suit yourself." I say as she refuses to answer me. I grab one of the steel knives tracing its tip. I have used one of those for training, but I'm not accustomed to them. I wouldn't want to use them, but if I need to, I will. I'm determined to put an end to all of this. If I back down now and play it nice, then this won't end. I'm not willing to mourn more people. It's time to show my potential as a future leader.

"What are you and your little renegades planning?" "As if I would tell you." I punch her and get that satisfaction when I hear a crack. "I'm done playing nice. If you won't talk, then we'll do this the hard way. Pick one bone that you want to be broken next." She remains silent. "I guess I'll pick one." Grabbing her arm harshly, I examine her wrist. "What do you say about your wrist? It must be really important for a witch like you." With a snap, her wrist is broken. "Is that the worst think you could think of? Even a grandma can do better!" As if she would lose her cockiness! She could potentially lose her life, but she doesn't even obey. I would never take her life. Of course, she doesn't need to know that. That could ruin everything.

Putting on my boxing gloves, I punch her multiple times just enough to shake her up a bit. "Are you willing to talk now?" She spits blood on the floor and sends me a smirk. At this point, I don't know how I'll make her talk. From all the movies that I've seen, I have quite a few ideas but they're too gruesome. "Since you don't want to talk, have fun staring at these four walls. Just so you know, I've probably known Chase for more time than you. I may not have known himas much as I thought so, but I do know one thing. He's a selfish prick that won't hesitate to sell anyone, even his parents or mate, to save his ass. Don't expect a knight in shining armor showing in his white horse coming to save you. It's the least possible scenario."

"Did you get anything out of her?" I shake my head, defeated. "I don't know what else is there to do. And we're running out of time." "Leave it up to me." Chris comforts me. "I'll take care of it." "What do you have in mind?" "Trust me." He says, kissing me and running down the hallway.

Thank you so much for reading! Sorry, it took me so much time to update!

I hope you're all staying safe! I'll see you again in the next chapter!!