Chapter Forty Three

When you come to the end of your rope,

tie a knot and hang on.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Where are all of you going? Please don't tell me you're planning to attack!" It's been a few days since Chris's attempt to get something out of that witch. To my knowledge, his efforts have paid off. He's been too tight-lipped, though. He hasn't uttered a word to me. Nobody knows what he found out, no one other than my dad. According to my mum, after he visited the witch, he looked for my dad in their room. Since that day, they've been locked in my dad's office day and night as if they're plotting something. Any attempt on my behalf to unveil what was said was in vain.

"We won't be having this conversation again! Even if we are, there's no way you're joining us. Your dad and I have agreed that we're not willing to put you into any more danger than you already are." My nostrils flare, and I feel my heart rate pick. What happened to my right to make my very own decisions? "You don't get to decide for me, not when I'm capable myself. As future Queen of the werewolf world, I;m obliged to fight this battle. You know that I'm the only thing that gives you an advantage. Me and my powers." "The answer remains the same. Please, drop it."

As the sun sets and the moon starts to rise, my father, along with Chris and the warriors, begin their long journey, unaware of my plans and intentions. No one is, and for now, no one will be. I may not be able to fight alongside them, but I will assist them from the sidelines. They might not admit it out loud, but they know that my powers are a must in this battle.

As I sneak out of the palace, I take a last look at my home, reminiscing the times I spent there and the people I was blessed to have met. They are my only source of strength during these challenging times. I don't know what the outcome will be. We can certainly hope for the best, but not all of us will be able to make it back alive.

I make sure to stay at least a few meters away from the warriors and hide my scent well as I follow them in the middle of the night. I know I have reached my destination when I notice how worried and anxious they all are. By the time I step forward to catch a glimpse, the battle has already risen, and the warriors, still in their human forms, whole-heartedly defend their kingdom and the Royal Family. Unlike our people, the rogues, and whoever else is on their side, instantly change into their wolf forms when they notice they're under attack. The battle is ferocious, and it's getting harder and harder for me to hold myself back and not enter this fight, but I know that timing is everything. As soon as I use my powers, my presence will be known. I will be the target of them all, and a wave of anxiety will hit everyone who is putting himself to risk to protect me. It's not the right time, not unless Chase makes his presence known. I know he's out there watching everything go down, and I know this attack was expected. There's no way a witch like her would be caught and she would tell the truth openly without deceiving us. It makes me think that they planned this all along. What they didn't know, though, was that I won't go down without a fight. From the moment I was born, I have been fighting a fight greater than me, not once did I give up, and I don't plan to do it now.

As I'm watching everything unfold, I see him. Chase standing in all his glory, looking carefully for his first victim. I doubt he will be able to choose his second one. As soon as Chris and my dad are aware of his presence, he will be their main target. He is the core of this operation. This won't end, not unless he's gone.

When I see Chris and Chase fighting, I know it's time. I send a wave directly at Chase, sending him crashing right into a tree. It takes him time to regain his posture, and then he searches for the attacker. His eyes widen, and they meet mine when I enter the clearing. By this time, the battle has ceased, and everyone is taken aback, trying to comprehend what happened. "How dare you?!" I scream, sending water balls to him. "How dare you try to attack my kingdom?! Who do you think you are?!" As my anger rises, my whole body starts to burn the fire fueled by my anger. "Did you think I would surrender just like that?!" "And do you think I would stay back?!"

She's here. But how? When?

Thank you so much for reading! 

I hope you enjoyed it!

I will see you again in the next chapter. Bye!