Chapter Twenty-One *Edited*

I caught feelings

I caught feelings.

Like a damn amateur. ~Unknown

Chapter 21.

I can't believe I let it slip. Those three little words bubbling up inside me for what felt like an eternity eventually escaped my lips. And now, here I am leaning against the door of our room, replaying that infamous moment over and over again, torturing myself with every agonizing second. Time stood still, and I couldn't bear to look at Julian, so I don't know if he was happy, surprised, or anything else. At that moment, I just wanted to disappear into the ground. I bolted from the room when I saw the opportunity to escape the awkwardness. It's been ten minutes since then, but I still can't shake off the embarrassment and regret.

Suddenly, the door flies open, and I tumble into Julian's arms. My heart races as I look into his eyes, completely taken aback. "I thought you were going to get our bags," he quips, his voice tinged with amusement.

I quickly scramble to my feet, brushing myself off and clearing my throat nervously. "I was, but...I forgot the car keys! You should give them to me," I stammer, hoping to hide the fact that I've been freaking out over him.

Julian reaches into his back pocket and pulls out the keys, his fingers brushing against mine. Instantly, a jolt of electricity surges through my body, causing my skin to prickle with anticipation. "Let me help you," he offers, passing by me with a confident stride.

As he walks away, Julian turns back to me with a sly grin. "Oh, and by the way...I love you too."

"I'm getting bored just staring out the window," I say to Julian sitting on the bed

"And she talks!" Julian teases but quickly stops when I give him a menacing look.

"What do you want to do?" he asks.

"I don't know. You tell me. You were the one who suggested we take off together and spend time," I reply, feeling frustrated.

I don't like how bratty I sound, but I've been staring out the window for over an hour. While watching the snow gradually cover the ground was exciting, I feel like pulling my hair out from boredom now.