Chapter 28: That Person

Note: Changed Ice ball to Ice sphere

Chapter 28: That Person

Zhang Zhiyin did not expect this sort of situation—

The flying flag would send the user to a designated location. It directly flew over thousands of zombies and landed on a high building of the base. By chance, this location happened to be next to the leader.

The leader suddenly felt his pressure getting lighter. Turning his head slightly to the side, he saw Zhang Zhiyin standing beside him forming an ice wall.

He gasped for breath as if he had unloaded something, and all of a sudden his movements slowed down.

At this critical moment, he did not probe into just how exactly did Zhang Zhiyin survive. Instead, he took a big breath and said, “Xiao Zhang, as soon as I saw you, I knew you were a good comrade.”

Under any normal situation, it was almost an unwritten rule on the game, that an ordinary player could never solo a boss. It would still be very difficult for players to win even if they were at Level 80 and the boss was at Level 20, unless that boss was designed to be dealt with by a single player. This rule was applicable at this moment.

At this time, the opposite two bosses seemed to be at least Level 4 in terms of their appearance, they did not seem manageable even if there were several people fighting. Before, the leader and the rest were risking their lives to resist this siege, especially when the head leader was attacking as the main force, this was an arrow at the end of its flight.

“I’m not as great as all of you think. What defending the base for the sake of all of you? I just have nowhere else to go. Yulin Base was the former Yulin City, I was born there, raised, worked, married, and had children… Then suddenly came the end of the world. My wife and daughters were all gone. I can’t keep them safe. I don’t want to leave this place at all. I just want to stay here, accompany them and protect anyone as long as I can…”

At this time, more and more people discovered Zhang Zhiyin. Most of the fighters in the front line were members of the battle group. They rushed back and shouted, “Captain—” with surprise, incredulity, and excitement.

Zhang Zhiyin turned around and waved at them.

The leader laughed. “Look, they all trust you, and I believe you can take everyone away safely…”

“So, little brother, don’t let me down.” The leader patted Zhang Zhiyin on the shoulder the way he did when he first met him. He pushed him back and took two steps forward.

All the TV drama he had accompanied his grandmother to watch was not in vain! The leader was clearly setting up a death flag for himself!

Zhang Zhiyin shouted in a hurry: “Whatever you want to do, don’t do it! I still have a way!”

The leader was stunned.

Zhang Zhiyin quickly opened the Item Store and bought items.

The function of “Help the shoots grow by pulling them miracle fruit” was just like its name. The item’s description was “it can quickly stimulate innate potential but at the cost of losing the consumer’s strength for three days after usage”. In the game, the cost manifested in the form of three hours of weakness and 30 minutes of inability to use any skills, which was usually bought by the team members at critical moments when the opponent the team was fighting were the bosses. But in the real world of <Tomorrow>, Zhang Zhiyin guessed that he would really lose his strength for three days. But at this time, he could not care that much.