Chapter 68

Chapter 68

A person must have several people who he could confide in and would support his back. Despite Li Shuifeng’s shrewdness and betrayal, Zhang Zhiyin never lost trust in others and he especially trusted several of his team members. After You Kun’s incident, he learned to share his problems and difficulties with them and brainstorm together.

Among these people, Dadao and Old Zhu had rich experience and was good at guessing people’s intents. Xiao Jin and Ah Kong had keen thinking and could often come up with various new ideas. Although Ah Mu seemed to be slightly inarticulate, he was practical and cautious, which was most helpful to remedy his shortcomings. With them, they could make up for Zhang Zhiyin’s flaws to a large extent.

Dadao proposed, “It is easier to change mountains and rivers than to alter one’s character. If Li Shuifeng was able to do such a thing, he wouldn’t be the so-called role model of wholeheartedly serving the alliance for the greater cause of human revival. Selfishness and greed are his most prominent nature. Everyone has their self-centeredness and greedy side, but ordinary people will discipline and restrain themselves from hurting others because of these inherent nature, but this Li Shuifeng obviously will not. As long as you keep an eye on him, we will surely find out about his immoral conduct. Or else, we can set up a trap and directly entice him, we’ll not be afraid that he will not leave any information behind that can be used against him. It was very difficult to find evidence of that year. But in order to bring justice to the deceased, it is better to start by tearing his facade apart. At this end of the world, everyone fears and dislikes people such as Li Shuifeng.”

The three chatted for a while and gradually sort out their thoughts on how to reveal Li Shuifeng’s true colors.

As soon as it was time for dinner, Zhang Zhiyin, Dadao, and Ah Mu went to the canteen to eat.

The Cloud Sky Alliance’s headquarters were built on the original Yuntian Base. With its large scale, perfect facilities, and safety protection work, it also became known as “the last refuge of mankind”, meaning that even if other places were occupied by zombies, this place could still preserve the last of humanity’s strength.

The Thunder Unit was assigned to the dormitory adjacent to Storm Unit’s dormitory. The two teams also chose to eat at the same canteen hall on every occasion. That canteen wasn’t big and the people there were scattered around, eating their meal, however the most prominent sight was of black uniforms and green uniforms, with killing intent assaulting in the air. The two teams were not familiar with each other, Zhang Zhiyin only nodded to each other when he came in.

The captain of the Storm Unit was also a wind elemental ability user. She seemed to be no more than thirty years old, a very neat looking woman. When she saw Zhang Zhiyin, she smiled softly and showed a hint of mild consideration. He had to admit that she was a very attractive elder sister.

The white ball in Zhang Zhiyin’s arms saw him smiling at her, so he pretended to be clumsy, and abruptly hit him in the chest with his head.

Ah Kong, who arrived earlier than them, saw this scene. “Ai, Captain, when did Xiaoxiang grow so big and learns to be violent when it’s jealous?”.

Ah Mu explained honestly, “That’s not Xiaoxiang. The captain said it’s Xiaoxiang’s father and he doesn’t know how it came about.”

Xiao Jin who was drinking soup at one side said, “It seems to me that captain and Dr. Yin each raised a cat, one big and one small. Now that Dr. Yin left, he wasn’t at ease and even sent his cat over to look after the captain so that he will not mess around.”