˗ˋ 18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH HARRY LEAVES

. . .

Over the next few days, Aviana remained locked in her room. She didn't step a even foot outside of her door, not even needing to leave for the bathroom due to en-suite attached to her room.

Kreacher had been delivering her meals, and at least once a day Sirius would appear outside her door, asking to talk. At first, he would only recieve silence, then short replies consisting of one word only - 'no'.

Despite the silence from the newly discovered daughter of Sirius Black, the house was very much alive and loud as the others cleaned it, decontaminating room and room and ridding anywhere of unwanted creatures.

But then, the dreaded day arrived. It was the day of Harry's hearing, and Aviana was very much prepared to leave her room when Sirius came knocking around breakfast time. She supposed she needed to be there, as it wasn't any old breakfast but the one before he left for the Ministry. 

He would recieve lots of words of support, and Aviana figured he needed to be kept grounded by a few snarky comments. And so, when she was woken far too early in the morning, she showered and changed into a dark red shirt with a black, cinched, spaghetti-strap slip dress on top. As usual, her legs were covered by a pair of fishnets and she pulled on her boots, ones with a bit more height to them this time. 

Her hair and makeup was finished just as Sirius knocked on the door, and Aviana stilled as she waited for him to begin talking. "Aviana, you still don't want to see me and I understand why. However, it would be nice for you to come down and see Harry off this morning."

The man jumped out of his skin and the door pulled open, and Aviana breezed past him. "I have no idea why you would think that. You were the only person I talked to in this stupid house, everyone else just stared at me like I were a dementor without it's hood." She said, beginning her descent down the stairs, heels clicking on the wooden floor.

When she entered the kitchen, she stopped in her tracks. She should've realised with the time that nobody else would be awake, and she swirled back around to stare at Sirius, accusation gleaming in her eyes. 

"I had to get you out somehow." He muttered, before reaching out and turning her around, gently pushing her back into the kitchen, reaching over her to open the door. Mr and Mrs Weasley, Lupin, and Tonks sitting there, clearly waiting for Harry.

"Aviana." Molly said, getting up and fixing her a plate of breakfast, which consisted of toast and eggs. She ate it carefully, sat in her usual place at the end of the table, very much aware of the people watching her. 

She picked at her food, managing to get a few mouthfuls down before the door opened again. She glanced up to see Harry staring at her, ignoring him as she returned to her eggs. 

"It'll all be over soon," Mr. Weasley said bracingly, after Harry sat down to eat. "In a few hours' time you'll be cleared. The hearing's on my floor, in Amelia Bones's office. She's Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and she's the one who'll be questioning you."

"Amelia Bones is okay, Harry," said Tonks earnestly. "She's fair, she'll hear you out." Harry nodded, still unable to think of anything to say. 

"She looked after me when I was at my dad's trial." Aviana said quietly, and Sirius glanced down at her, looking a little nervous before looking back to Harry. 

"Don't lose your temper," said Sirius abruptly. "Be polite and stick to the facts." Harry nodded again. 

"The law's on your side," said Lupin. "Even underage wizards are allowed to use magic in life-threateningsituations."

"And he has Dumbledore vouching for him because he's the boy who lived." Aviana muttered, quiet enough for nobody else to hear her, but exactly what she was there to say. 

Mrs Weasley began to attack Harry's hair with a wet comb, and Aviana zoned out of the conversation, until she heard her name being called. "Aviana, aren't you going to wish Harry luck?" It was Mrs Weasley, and the Rosier girl stared for a moment before eating one final forkful of eggs and standing up, walking closer to the group and crossing her arms, looking Harry up and down. 

"Good luck I suppose. Hope you don't get expelled, Draco would annoy me into non-existence without someone to irritate." She said, turning to Sirius. "Can I go back upstairs now?"

"Hold your horses." The man said, and Aviana sighed, sitting back down. The rest of them began to say their good lucks to Harry before he left with Mr Weasley. 

"Right," said Harry. "Well... see you later then."

"Good luck." Aviana found herself repeating, completely earnest this time. She watched as Harry and Mr Weasley disappeared down the hallway. She got up, heading towards the door as soon as they left the house, before she was stopped again.

"Aviana, I think you and your father should talk." Molly was saying, and with a sigh, Aviana nodded, turning around. Sirius stared back at her. 

"The drawing room then." The Rosier girl said, turning out of the room and walking alone over to the drawing room. Where she would finally talk to her real father, the one she grew up with locked away in Azkaban.

Questioning everything she had grown up with.