˗ˋ 100

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH THE LAST
MEETING TAKES PLACE

. . .

Luna didn't seem to hear Aviana, still looking dreamily around until she focused on Harry. "These are nice." She said. "Did you put them up."

"No." Harry shook his head, almost defiantly. After all these years, the sight of his face - the very face he had seen sprawled over the front cover of the Daily Prophet the year before - strung up on baubles was a little too much for his ego. "It was Dobby the house-elf."

"Mistletoe." Luna said pleasantly, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Aviana's head. "It's bad luck if you don't kiss under it. It's an old Muggle tradition." She continued. "I've heard that you two are dating." She said.

Harry turned to face Aviana, whose eyebrows raised expectantly. "Well?" She asked, and he stared at her for a moment, somehow nervous. He had kissed her so many times... but this was different, this was real, this was... she was almost glaring at him, and he leant forward to kiss her, simply, quickly, his hand on her waist and her hands on his cheeks, holding him for a second longer than he had expected before pulling away. She took a step away from him, frowning, and her gaze drifting down to the floor.

"Good thinking," Luna said very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

There wasn't time to ask what nargles were, because Angelina, Alicia and Katie made their way into the room. Aviana sat down on her usual cushion, folding her legs beneath her and not look at Harry, instead returning Angelina's welcoming smile - a memory of the Quidditch match - with a tight-lipped smile of her own.

Angelina's smile faded quickly as her attention turned to Harry. "Well," She began dully, pulling off her cloak and throwing it into a corner, "we've replaced you."

"Replaced me?" Harry repeated blankly.

"You and Fred and George," Angelina said impatiently. "We've got another Seeker!"

Aviana's head shot up, interested. As always, her competitiveness seemed to prevail.

"Who?" Harry asked quickly.

"Ginny Weasley," Katie replied. Aviana's eyebrows shot up momentarily, somewhat impressed, before settling... Draco might have actually been able to beat her - she was thick-skinned and he didn't have an obsession with upsetting her like he did Harry. She imagined she was somewhat competent, to have to replace Harry, and would perhaps have provided Draco with some competition should they have played Gryffindor again.

"Yeah, I know," Angelina said, in response to Harry's shock, pulling out her wand and flexing her arm. "But she's pretty good, actually. Nothing on you, of course," she said, throwing him a very dirty look, "but as we can't have you..."

"And what about the Beaters?" He asked, trying to keep his voice even, but couldn't hold back the slightly bitter expression that Aviana noticed as she looked back up, still just as interested.

"Andrew Kirke," Alicia was clearly not exited about it, completely lacking in enthusiasm, "and Jack Sloped. Neither of them are brilliant, but compared with the rest of the idiots who turned up..."