˗ˋ 92

CHAPTER NINETY TWO

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH A FIGHT 
BREAKS OUT

. . .

"If it wasn't for his dad I would've kicked him off a long time ago." Montague grumbled, as he, Pucey and Aviana landed, several feet behind the crowd of Gryffindors and Madam Hooch. 

"You mean a couple of months ago?" Aviana's eyebrows rose. Graham looked momentarily confused. "You only became captain in September, dickhead." 

"Oh, yeah." 

"The brunt of the work?" Adrien repeated to himself, rolling his eyes. "Is that what he thinks this is? We're just following Rosier around for the fun of it." 

"Are you not?" Aviana asked mildly. "Montague here told me that was his tactic. I am the better Chaser, that's obvious enough. And I've been playing less time than you have, Pucey." 

"Rosier-"

"Go and get Malfoy before he gets us completely disqualified." Montague interrupted the bickering all of a sudden, pushing Aviana forward, the girl frowning back at him, in the middle of formulating some witty reply when she noticed Draco landing behind Harry. "Swear to Salazar, Rosier-" 

"Shut the fuck up, Montague." Aviana replied hastily, carrying her broom with her as she caught up with the group, hardly sparing Harry a second glance as her eyes landed on Draco - there would be time to catch up with him later; no matter how many witty remarks Lee Jordan had decided to make there was no chance in hell that she was about to confirm them. "Malfoy-" 

"And here comes your girlfriend." Draco drawled, sneering. "Did you like my lyrics, Potter? 'Course Aviana refused to help... so I came up with them all by myself." He said, following after Harry as he followed behind his team, amidst their celebrations, off the pitch and to the changing rooms. "I've never seen a worse Keeper, but then again, he was born in a bin, wasn't he?" 

"Draco-" Aviana pushed forward, forcing herself to keep up. "You'll get us disqualified!" 

"We wanted to write another couple of verses!" Malfoy called after Harry relentlessly. "But we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly - we wanted to sing about his mother, see- hey!" 

Aviana had punched him, hard, on the arm. Draco turned to her. "What the fuck, Draco?" She snapped. "Can't you fucking listen? We'll get disqualified if you keep up with this shit, and because somehow Montague has decided it's my job to do it, I have to deal with it."

Draco sneered and ignored her.  "We couldn't fit in useless loser either — for his father, you know." He added, and by that point the other members of the team, namely Fred and George, had realized what Malfoy was talking about. 

Halfway through shaking Harry's hand they stiffened, looking around at Malfoy. 

"Leave it," Angelina said at once, taking Fred by the arm. "Leave it, Fred, let him yell, he's just sore he lost, the jumped up little-" 

"-but you like the Weasleys, don't you, Potter?" Malfoy sneered, although it was clear now that Aviana was all but pleading, glancing hurriedly between the blond boy beside her and the crowd of Gryffindors opposite. "Spend holidays there and everything, don't you? Can't see how you stand the stink, but I suppose when you've been dragged up by Muggles even the Weasleys' hovel smells okay-" 

Harry had grabbed George to hold him back, but by  now it was taking the combined efforts of Angelina, Alicia and Katie to stop Fred from leaping on Draco as he laughed, loudly.

"Shut the fuck up, Draco." Aviana hissed, trying to pull him back. Like Harry, opposite from her, she was beginning to look franticly around for Hooch, who would at least be able to stop it even if it did get Malfoy kicked from the team (and what would they lose there, really, Lucius couldn't withdraw his 'generous offer' if his son had embarrassed him by being kicked off the team and then they could get a proper Seeker for once), but the umpire was too busy berating Crabbe for his illegal Bludger attack. "Seriously Draco, shut up!" 

 "Or perhaps," Malfoy continued, leering as he backed away through Aviana's forceful pulling. She was stronger than she looked. "You can remember what your mother's house stank like, Potter, and Weasley's pigsty reminds you of it-"

Aviana's hand dropped from where she was tugging at his jersey, and Malfoy stumbled, and she was all of a sudden pulled away by someone as Harry let go of George and the two of them were heading straight to Malfoy, no time to grab there wands and leaving it up to Muggle tactics to sort it out.

Harry drew back his fist in an instant, seizing Draco by the neck of his uniform in the other and landed several punches into him, shouts of his teammates rising above the kerfuffle of both Harry and George swearing blindly at him as Malfoy yelled. A whistle blew, the crowd bellowed around them, the girls holding back Fred screaming, but neither Harry nor George stopped until somebody in the vicinity yelled 'Impedimenta' and they were both thrown backwards by the force of the spell and his fists fell, uselessly by his side.

"What do you think you're doing?" Madam Hooch screamed, as Harry leapt to his feet again. Obviously it had been the teacher who had stopped them fighting, one hand on her whistle and her wand in the other, broom abandoned where Crabbe was still standing. 

Several feet from where Aviana stood, Malfoy was curled up on the ground, whimpering and moaning, his nose bloody; George was sporting a swollen lip; Fred was still being forcibly restrained by the girls, and Crabbe, soon joined by Goyle, was cackling in the background. "I've never seen behaviour like it - back up to the  castle, both of you, and straight to your Head of House's office! Go! Now!" 

Harry and George marched off the pitch and Fred was let go, as the chasers deemed that there was no way he could hurt Malfoy now that Hooch was leaning over him alongside Montague, Pucey and Warrington, concerned. The remaining twin marched stubbornly along to the changing room and Aviana stood there for a moment, before she too began walking that way. Not by choice. 

Angelina had a hand on her shoulder and was pulling her away too, neither saying a word to each other as Aviana left the rest of her team behind and made her way to the changing rooms.