˗ˋ 106

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED
AND SIX

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY ARRIVE
AT ST. MUNGO'S

. . .

She was waiting in the Entrance Hall of Grimmauld Place as the others showed up, changed into Muggle clothes for their journey over to St. Mungo's. Dressed in a matching tweed skirt and blazer set, she still looked miles apart from them, but like any other Muggle nonetheless.

When Mad-Eye and Tonks showed up, she remained with the latter as she took charge in escorting Harry as Mad-Eye led the group, hiding his magical eye with a jauntily placed bowler hat. Her nose wrinkled thoroughly as they stepped onto the Muggle tube, and refused to sit or lean anywhere, instead standing alongside Harry as he answered Tonks' questions about Seer blood and whether or not there was any in his family - there wasn't, she had confirmed, in a lowly spoken comment.

They arrived at St. Mungo's in what could easily have been no time at all, should they have taken magical modes of transportation like Aviana wished, but not that much time nonetheless, walking down the wintry streets with shop fronts that she couldn't help but admire. They were filled with Christmas decorations, shows of red, green and white with fluffy fake snow over the windowsills.

"Not far from here," Moody grunted, ensuring that Harry, and Aviana by default, was walking along in front of him to keep the former safe. ""Wasn't easy to find a good location for a hospital. Nowhere in Diagon Alley was big enough and we couldn't have it underground like the Ministry- unhealthy. In the end they managed to get hold of a building up here. Theory was sick wizards could come and go and just blend in with the crowd..."He seized Harry's shoulder to prevent them being separated by a gaggle of shoppers plainly intent on nothing but making it into a nearby shop full of electrical gadgets, and Harry reached for Aviana's hand on instinct.

"Here we go," Moody said a moment later. Aviana let go of Harry's hand, more than aware of the eye that was rolling around under the bowler hat.

The red brick department store called Purge and Dowse Ltd, as shabby as it was, was not a stranger to Aviana. She had stood in front of it several times before, and knew exactly what to do get in. Although, she presumed that the sight of the chipped dummies with askew wigs and random out-of-date fashions was quite alarming, to anyone who didn't know.

Right," Tonks said, beckoning them all forward to a window displaying nothing but a particularly ugly female dummy whose false eyelashes were hanging off and who was modelling a green nylon pinafore dress. "Everybody ready?" Moody gave Harry another shove between the shoulder blades to urge him forward, as he stumbled into Aviana's side, apologising profusely, and Tonks leaned close to the glass, looking up at the very ugly dummy and said, her breath steaming up the glass, "Wotcher... We're here to see Arthur Weasley."

Aviana waited for a moment, and watched as the dummy gave a tiny nod, beckoned its jointed finger, and Tonks had seized Ginny and Mrs Weasley by the elbows, stepped right through the glass and vanished. Fred, George and Ron stepped in after them, quickly followed by Moody, Harry and Aviana, who emerged from the window with the feeling of having stepped through a freezing cold sheet of water, before quickly warming up, and clearly dry.

As always, the reception room of St. Mungo's was busy; crowds of witches and wizards lining up before the reception desk and waiting on rickety wooden chairs lined up against the walls, reading outdated copies of Witch Weekly whilst looking perfectly normal, whilst some were sporting abnormal illnesses; elephant trunks or extra hands sticking out of their chests; and some emitting odd, gruesome sounds.