˗ˋ 108

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED
AND EIGHT

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH HARRY'S
SUPPOSEDLY POSSESSED

. . .

They all trooped back into the corridor, Fred looking grim as he held the door open and Mad-Eye and Tonks took their places, closing the ward of the door behind them. He raised his eyebrows.

"Fine," the twin said coolly, rummaging in his pockets, "be like that, don't fucking tell us anything." He grumbled.

"Looking for these?" George asked, holding out what looked like a tangle of flesh-coloured skin.

"You read my mind." Fred said, grinning. "Let's see if St. Mungo's puts Imperturbable Charms on its ward doors, shall we?"

Fred and George took a moment to disentangle the string, separating several Extendable Eats from each other. They each handed them around, and Aviana pinched the skin-coloured string between her index finger and thumb, wary. "These are disgusting." She commented.

"But they work, so put it against the door, darling." Fred hummed, holding an Extendable Ear to Harry.

"Still his girlfriend." Aviana said pointedly, jerking her empty, jewellery-laden hand over at Harry, who was staring down at the Ear offered to him. "If he manages to wake up, that is."

"Glad to know I still have a chance." Fred replied.

"Still my girlfriend." Harry muttered, as Fred pushed the Ear further into his grasp. "I don't know..." He hesitated.

"Go on, Harry, take it!" George pushed. "You saved Dad's life, if anyone's got the right to eavesdrop on him, it's you..."

Harry grinned, despite himself, and took the Ear and the piece of string attached to it and pushed it into his ear like the twins had done. Aviana and Ginny did the same, although the former had the look of utmost disgust as she did so.

"Okay, go." Fred whispered, and each other end of the string jumped out of their hands and began wriggling like long, skinny worms, snaking under the door.

For a few moments, they could hear nothing, and then... it was as though Tonks was talking directly beside them, although she was whispering on the other side of the doors, on the other side of the ward.

"...They searched the whole area but they couldn't find the snake anywhere, it just seems to have vanished after it attacked you, Arthur... But You-Know-Who can't have expected a snake to get in, can he?"

"I reckon he sent it as a lookout." Moody growled next, with no other measures to lower his voice as Tonks had taken. "'Cause he's not had any luck so far, has he? No, I reckon he's trying to get a clearer picture of what he's facing and if Arthur hadn't been there the beast would've had much more time to look around... So, Potter says he saw it all happen?"

"Yes." Mrs Weasley confirmed. She sounded uneasy. "You know, Dumbledore seems almost to have been waiting for Harry to see something like this..."

"Yeah, well," Moody began, "There's something funny about the Potter kid, we all know that."

"Dumbledore seemed worried about Harry when I spoke to him this morning." Mrs Weasley whispered.