˗ˋ 164

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED
AND SIXTY FOUR

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY'RE LOST 
IN THE WOODS

. . .

"I 'ppreciate this, you three, I really do." Hagrid told them, as they made their way down the stairs, having managed to escape from the crowds of the stands. He kept looking around nervously as they descended down onto the lawn. "Didn' expect to see yeh with us, Aviana, but it's to my understandin' tha' yeh an' Harry are... er... an' it's much appreciated."

"It's not a problem," Aviana said mildly, oddly agreeable towards the matter as Harry pulled her onwards. She kept glancing back up to the Quidditch pitch behind her, straining to try and see the game but failing. "...Would have appreciated it not being during the most important match of the year, but here we are." She added in a mumble. Hagrid didn't hear her, but Hermione certainly did and whipped around to glare at her.

"I jus' hope she doesn' notice us goin'..." Hagrid continued shakily. He was still glancing around him, head snapping round at every twig snap, every sound from the crowd.

"You mean Umbridge?" Harry asked. "She won't have, she's got her whole Inquisitorial Squad-"

"Bunch of two-faced pussies." Aviana mumbled.

"-Her whole Inquisitorial Squad sitting with her." Harry finished. "Didn't you see? She must be expecting trouble at the match."

"Yeah, well, a bit o' trouble wouldn' hurt." Hagrid said, pausing to peer around the edge of the stands to ensure the stretch of lawn between there and his cabin was deserted. "Give us more time..."

"What is it, Hagrid?" Hermione asked, looking up at him, concerned, as they hurried over the lawn towards the edge of the forest.

"Yeh - yeh'll see in a mo'." Hagrid told him, looking over his shoulder as a great roar rose from the stands behind them. "Hey - did someone jus' score?"

"Who scored?" Aviana had already turned her back on them. She was leaning up on her tiptoes, hand waving round until she found Harry's shoulder. "Who scored? Who? Hagrid - you're tall, what can you see?"

"It'll be Ravenclaw." Harry told her, heavily.

"Good... good..." Hagrid said distractedly. "Tha's good..."

"Is it? Is it good - they can't score too much, that'll knock us off the top, but if Gryffindor scores..." Aviana sighed. "There's no good solution to this, I can only hope they both do equally as shit."

"Brilliant." Harry hummed, as they followed behind him.

They reached his cabin in record time. Hermione turned automatically left towards the front door, however, Hagrid walked straight past it into the shade of the trees on the outermost edge of the forest, where he picked up a crossbow that had been leaning against a tree. When he realised they were no longer with him, Aviana gawping at him from beside Harry, he turned back to them. "We're goin' in here." He said, jerking his head behind him.

"Into the forest?" Hermione asked, perplexed.

"Yeah." Hagrid replied. "C'mon now, quick before we're spotted!"