one

one

_____ 🌿 _____

— YOONGI BIT DOWN ON THE INSIDE OF HIS CHEEK, scowling angrily as his eyes flickered around the room, instilling fear in those who dared to meet his gaze. The atmosphere in the room was growing incredibly uncomfortable he knows they're staring at him some of them amused by his current predicament. He doesn't have to look at them to know there's a smug look on their faces, and when Yoongi caught the eye of one of the Alpha's across the room, he could tell he was silently mocking Yoongi letting his hormones get the best of him. He's sure they can smell him in the air, but he chooses to ignore the idea. A low rumble built up in his chest to the point that he's growling quietly in a lone tone. It's a warning growl, hinting at his annoyance. He can feel the air in the room shift drastically, now able to sense the fear radiating off the few Betas that were also in the room with them. The other Alphas show no signs of distress, but their attention is anywhere but on him, heads turned in other directions, eyes cast down at their feet. Yoongi could be intimidating when he wanted to.

Under normal circumstances, Yoongi is fairly good at paying attention to his father during board meetings. As the future heir to his father's company, it was crucial for him to be responsible and attentive at times like this, setting a good example for those who watched; even more so when Yoongi presented as an Alpha several years ago.

However, the longer he sat in that meeting, the more difficulty he had focusing on the conversation at hand. He was more focused on trying to remain his composure it was a miracle at this point than he was on paying attention. The amount of times he'd thought about excusing himself from the room or lashing out at the other Alphas had surpassed twenty, and he didn't know how much longer he could sit there without causing a scene. He tried his hardest to concentrate on what his father was droning on about a business meeting in Taiwan but he'd lost track of the conversation fifteen minutes ago. The familiar aroma of honey and cherry blossoms clung heavily to the room, tormenting him. Yoongi can't help but shift awkwardly in his seat, one hand wedged inconspicuously between his thighs. He's a little embarrassed by his lack of control, his Alpha mentally scolding him for acting like an Omega in heat.

They're staring at us, his Alpha growled. It's humiliating.

The vibrations in his chest grew louder, not enough to draw his father's attention, but enough to make one Beta cower in fear in his seat, slinking further down as if to make himself invisible.

He's counting down the minutes until he escape; so he can see him. Jimin was probably waiting for him patiently outside the boardroom, or at the very least gone to hide in his office where he'd be left undisturbed by the staff. Yoongi's hoping that his father is not far behind, keeping an eye on the younger, ready to stand in if necessary. He's growing more and more annoyed as the seconds ticked by. Jimin's scent is so strong now that the other Alphas in the room are turning their heads, wondering who the sweet scent belonged to. One Alpha smirked to himself, while another licked his lips maliciously, obviously thinking unholy thoughts about the younger. Only the three Betas all a part of the marketing department for his father's company knew better. They'd grown accustomed to the Omega's scent, and seen him around often enough to know Jimin was off limits for two reasons: one being that he was the son of Park Hyunsoo, another successful and prominent CEO who did business with Yoongi's father, and the second reason behind that Yoongi had already claimed Jimin as his.

Sort of.

Nobody had been surprised when Jimin had presented as an Omega, nor were they surprised when Yoongi presented as an Alpha. What surprised people was how hesitant Yoongi suddenly became afterwards something out of the ordinary for an Alpha, given that most were impulsive, and quick to claim what was theirs. Alphas got what they wanted, when they wanted. Everyone had assumed that Yoongi would be quick to mate Jimin, but Yoongi had yet to claim him "properly" as friends and family would put it.