nine

nine

__________

— YOONGI COULD SMELL JUNGKOOK EVERYWHERE.

He scrunched his nose in disgust as he let himself into Jimin's apartment. He'd never admit it out loud, but he considered walking out and waiting in the hall until Jimin woke up due to how overpowering it was. A low grumble bubbled up in his chest. Jungkook and Taehyung were long gone by now, but their scents still lingered; the smell of campfire smoke burned his nose and he'd never been a fan of almonds, let alone roasted almonds. He could just barely pick up the scent of sea salt and caramel.

Yoongi raked his hands across the walls of the front hallway, hoping that his scent would mingle with the two and mask their scents. It would be easy to cover Taehyung's but Jungkook's would be much harder.

Yoongi repeated his actions in the living room, wandering around and handling things to make them smell more like him. He dropped his things on the couch temporarily, padded into the kitchen and then back around and down the hallway where he called out the younger's name. The response was a running shower.

So Jimin was awake.

Yoongi didn't know how long he'd be in there. He picked up his discarded bag and slipped silently down the hall towards Jimin's room.

He could smell Jungkook without opening the door and a bitter knot filled his chest knowing that Jungkook had been in Jimin's bed, fucking him senseless — doing his job for him. It angered him knowing ge was too much of a chicken to simply Alpha Up as they said, but the idea that this might be the last time he'll have to endure this...that they both have to endure this comforted him enough for him to push the door open.

Inside smelled like Jimin and sex and Jimin that Yoongi outrights moans. It's dark inside — the curtains had been drawn shut — and the room was an absolute disaster. Clothes were strewn everywhere, his nest finally disturbed as his heat subsided. Yoongi made a face at the empty bottle of lube and multiple toys lying around and wondered just how many of them Jungkook used on him.

It'll be us next time, his Alpha huffed bitterly as he stepped around them. Us; and we'll finally get to feel him against our body. He won't need any of this stuff to please himself, just us.

But Yoongi could distinctly remember what a desperate Jimin felt like against his body. How compliant he seemed as he let Yoongi have his way; how his body begged for him without words.

Yoongi forced himself to take a deep breath. Now wasn't the time to get all worked up.

He spent a few minutes tidying up Jimin's room. He threw the dirty, sweat soaked clothes in the laundry hamper, along with the sheets — growling when he picked up Jungkook's scent again — and made the bed for him. He made sure the blankets and sheet and his scent on it. He then set out a few of his clothes on top of the blankets for Jimin when he got out of his shower.

As he slipped back out into the hall, Yoongi could still hear the shower running. Jimin would be hungry afterwards. He made his way back to the kitchen where he could fix the younger something to eat.

Another twenty minutes passed before Jimin finally emerged at the end of the hallways wearing nothing but Yoongi's white button up, peering around his apartment curiously. Yoongi had been here long enough that his scent should have mingled with the others, allowing for Jimin to pick up on it.