epilogue

epilogue

__________

4 years later

—WARM HUES OF THE AFTERNOON SOON STRETCHED OUT ACROSS THE FRONT LAWN, DUSTING THE HOME IN A GENTLE LIGHT. Inside, the sun's rays would illuminate the living room in the soft gold that Yoongi knew Jimin loved to soak in from his spot on the couch. Jimin had become obsessed with Golden Hour ever since they'd moved in, and Yoongi was slowly falling in love with them as well. How could he not when Jimin looked so angelic in the light? Yellow had always been his colour.

Today was no exception as he bounded up the front steps of their home, eager to spend quality time with his fiance (Yoongi was still getting used to that). Work had been long, tedious – and he wanted nothing more than to curl up with Jimin and relax.

And as usual, he found Jimin sprawled out on the couch, not asleep but with his eyes shut as he silently soaked in the afternoon, before the sun set for the evening. He didn't lift his head when Yoongi shut the door behind him and set his things down, but he did smile, the corners of his mouth shifting upwards in a lazy grin. Yoongi chuckled softly, and kicked off his shoes.

"My love, have I told you how beautiful you are?" Yoongi murmured, coming over to kneel beside him. Jimin hummed, tilting his head towards him. He opened his eyes, and Yoongi was greeted with soft browns that reminded him of hot chocolate and toffee. It was a comforting sight; he melted under Jimin's gaze, smiling wider. He truly loved this man.

"I don't think you have," Jimin replied softly. "I think I need a reminder,"

Yoongi lent forward and kissed him, his hand cupping the side of his face. He could taste strawberries on his tongue. He inhaled, smiling into the kiss. Honey and Cherry Blossoms filled the air (and the smallest hint of peppermint which would go to his head later)

"You're so beautiful, Jimin," he whispered against his lips. "I am a lucky man to have you by my side,"

His lips then found Jimin's stomach, the fabric of his shirt rolled up so he could pepper soft kisses along his skin

"And you, little one, are going to be so lucky to have him as your daddy," Yoongi stated, resting his cheek on Jimin's stomach. Jimin giggled lightly as Yoongi's hair tickled his skin.

"Yoongi," he said, carding his fingers through his hair, "It's too soon, we only just started trying," he said, laughing when Yoongi pouted up at him.

"Nonsense, you smell minty, there's definitely a baby in there," he said, kissing his tummy again.

"I smell minty because you scented me like crazy this morning — that's your scent you're smelling — I smell like you,"

"Yeah, because that's my baby in you and,"

Jimin sat up laughing, and dragged Yoongi in for a kiss. Yoongi brought his hands up to rest on Jimin's thighs. He was more than content to let Jimin kiss him instead, and that's exactly what Jimin did; he kissed him until they were both out of breath and Yoongi was pulling away for air. He rested his forehead against his, smiling stupidly.

"I can't wait to marry you," he breathed. "Can't wait for us to have a family,"

"Was I worth the wait?"

"Yes – god, yes, you were worth the wait and so much more. Fuck, I should be asking you that love, was I worth the wait?"

"Yes; a thousand times yes. I would wait for you all over again if it meant you would be mine in the end,"

"God we're so fucking sappy,"

"I wouldn't have it any other way," Jimin stated. "I want to be sappy and in love with you, and I don't care if other people know about it. Who cares what other people think so long as we're happy,"

"We can do that," Yoongi promised. "If you want to be sappy in love then so be it. We can do whatever you want, love,"

Jimin's face suddenly became very serious.

"I want to make pasta for dinner," he said, tonelessly, but then he was smiling, and Yoongi was laughing again as he helped Jimin to his feet. He led the way to their kitchen so that they could start on dinner, while Yoongi brought back the argument that he was carrying his child because this was the fourth night in a row Jimin wanted pasta, while Jimin shook his head.

Yoongi would keep his promise to Jimin.

They would indeed stay sappy and in love the way Jimin wanted to be. They were cute and gross around their friends, but it didn't matter because they all saw how happy they were. And it wouldn't matter what people thought about them. Their opinions were irrelevant (especially when it came to their timing)

It wouldn't matter that they had waited almost two years after officially getting together for Yoongi to propose to Jimin. Or that it would take another two years to buy their first house together – twenty-two and twenty-four were perfectly acceptable ages for first time buyers. It didn't matter that it had taken two years after the proposal for them to actually tie the knot and get married.

("Two years is a long time to be engaged Yoongi,"

"Mother you're being dramatic,"

"You're not getting any younger, Yoongi!")

Nor would it matter when their son was born a few months after their wedding, ("I told you it was the pasta!"), his mother finally ecstatic to be a grandmother.

Because in the end...they were right on time.

THE END