Chapter 11: Assigned knight

Josephines POV:

It's been couple of months since we stayed at the Kalikas estate, Luke and I have kept in contact and have become pretty close. Everything with my family's the same, and things with Edgar's the same.

Life's back to being boring again.

But you know, at knight there have been fore frequent assassination attacks, but because of my sensitive senses and the amateur assassins who know who's sends, I've killed them with ease, they haven't been able to touch me. But because of that I haven't has enough sleep.

THEY KEEP FUCKING WAKING ME UP AT 2-5AM IN THE FUCKING MORNING!

One day a letter came from the royal palace. It was from Edgar, He wants me to come over, he has something to discuss with me.

So the day I get the least amount of sleep I went to the palace.

Oh, and did I mention if I have a bad sleep my temper becomes shorter and there is a higher chance that I'll punch an innocent person.

I'm on my way to the Palace alone in the carriage while yawning the whole way through.

I made my way through and not bothering with the greetings.

I open the door and not bothering the maid to do it.

"Hey Edgar, You wanted to discuss something?"

"Yes, take a seat and we'll talk about it."

I sat down on the couch, he then came around from the desk to the couch in-front go me.

"I've heard you've had quite a-lot of assassination attacks."

"Yeah, it's causing my lack of sleep, and by the way you chose the worst day to call me over."

"You didn't sleep did you last night."

"Only and hour but pretty much."

"Yeah I can see the bags."

I glare at him and he smirks.

"Anyway, because of these endless assassination attempts, I have decided to give you a royal knight."

HUH?

"A what a what?"

"A royal knight, he's my personal knight but he's going to be assigned to you, his name is Lance. It's only temporary though, one year?"

Lance? You're gonna give me someone who could kill me to protect me? Yeah, I'll have fun with that.

"So when you mean discuss something with me, you mean notice me."

"Well if I asked, you would've said no."

"And you can't tell why? I can protect myself just fine, I'm nearly just as good as you."

"Yeah but you never know, plus with someone you'll get some sleep."

"First of, I'm sensitive so I would be able to sense it, sensing it makes me wake up, AND! I don't like someone following me 24/7. Do you not notice the fact that I never bring maids with me?"

"Yeah I noticed, that's why I'm worried. And Jose, I'm not asking, I'm telling you whether you like it or not."

"Argh, fine, you giving him to me now though?"

"Yes."

"make him mentally ready cause I'm tried as fuck and I'm not in a happy mood."

"Yes I see that."

"Bring in Lance."

A couple minutes later a red headed guy came in.

"Your highness, Lady Josephine, good afternoon."