Chap. 4

"Sari tension ek green tea se urr jati hai." Vania said with a smile.
(A cup of green tea and all your stress is blown away.)

Her remedy for everything was a cup of green tea!

It was after ten in the night and though the day had been hectic for her she'd never let the fatigue of it show on her face nor would she ever let her family see how tired she felt. Coming home she had sent her email to the HR explaining her reason for taking a half day, then gotten busy with the house chores and cooking dinner. All the Work was sometimes too much to handle for her 23 year old self to handle but she welcomed the distraction because it kept her from her pain.

She needed to be strong. For Zeeshan and Zainab... For Maniha khala. This was all the family she had.

***

"Yaar Aapi..." Zeeshan made a face taking his cup of tea but didn't have a heart to tell her he didn't want to drink it. He hated the strong flavor of cardamom and cinnamon that her sister for some reason loved and found rejuvenating.

Sipping he sighed and Vania smiled.

"Urr gayi sari tension!" Zainab grinned punching his shoulder and Zeeshan grimaced glaring at her with narrowed eyes.

"Hmm.. Jab tak tum ho kaisey urr sakti hai?" He replied and Zainab glowered at her brother.

"Soch raha hun ab shadi kar deni chahiye tumhari.. Nhi? Pehley zamane main 14 saal ki larki ki shadi ho jaya karti thi.. Bhaiyon ki zindagi main sakun hota thaa." He sighed.

"Oyee! Khud kar lo shadi tum! Ayaa bara!"

"Hann.. sahi baat hai .. tum se karey gaa bhi kon shadi.." Zeeshan tched sipping the tea that didn't taste so bad anymore with the sweet taste of victory on his tongue.

Vania rolled her eyes at his antics, "Chup karo yaar tum dono kya fazool batein kar rhy ho?"

"Hehehe" Zeeshan gave a sheepish laugh.

"Hehehe," She mocked his laughter, "Zyada hanso nhi chaye gir gayi naa lag pata jaye gaa, khatam karo jaldi.."

(Don't laugh so much, you'll spill your tea! Come on finish up...)

"Achaa hai, girey thora saa! Shayed iskey behjy main phir kuch aqal aa jaye uskey baad. Suna hai high trauma logon ko mental kar deta hai, toh Mental logon ko theek bhi kar deta ho gaa. Hain naa?" Zainab smirked at her brother rolling a strand of hair on hair her forefinger.

(I say let it spill, perhaps that'll knock some sense into his brain. I've heard high trauma can cause people to lose their sanity.... So it's possible that it brings back sense ti the insane!)

"Zainab...." Vania scolded lightly and she shrugged looking away smiling.

"Ohhh dekho dekho, mental kon bulaa raha mujhe! Jiskey khud ke pass matr jitna dimagh hai!" Zeeshan joked acting appalled by her statement.

(Look here who's calling me mental! The one with the pea sized brain! )

It wasn't a joke for Zainab who was greatly insulted.

"Ohh hello! Mera koi matr jitnaa dimagh nhi hai! Tum se bohat fast hai! Bhaai sahab!" She raised her hand pointing at him her eyebrows furrowed, her nose turning red.

(Ohh hello! My brain isn't pea sized, it's a lot faster than yours Mister!)

"Chalo chup karo, Tiddi!"

(Just shut up grasshopper!)

Zeeshan said without looking at her, knowing fully well his sister was very conscious of her 4ft 9".