Chap. 34

"Vania! Sign karo jaldi!"

Harris came skidding into her room. He didn't bother knocking as the door was open, startling Vania who was in the process of brushing her hair.

The brush slipped and clattered to the floor as she placed a hand on her raging heart, breathing in deeply.

"Allah.. Jaan nikal di." She mumbled.

Her mind was already preoccupied with thinking about everything that happened since last Saturday and Harris's words from last night. So when he came so suddenly she lost her bearings.

Harris waved a blank sheet of paper in front of her face and a pen.

"Sign karoo!" he repeated impatiently, unappologetic for his intrusion.

She stared for a moment. Her eyes travelling over his freshly showered form clad in a navy blue shirt and denim jeans. Hair ruffled like he just rubbed them with the towel roughly and the manly scent of his shower gel wafted around them.

"Vania??" he snapped a finger infront of her face reviving her and she shook her head.

"Hmm?"

"Sign!" He repeated placing the paper on the dressing and tapping the point of signature with the back of the pen.

"Kiya hai yeh? ....
Yeh toh khali paper hai.. " She frowned.

Exasperated, he rolled his eyes, letting out a breath, "Oh! Nhi sahi batao?!" He gazed at the paper surprised.

"Mujhe laga nikkah nama hai." he replied sarcastically.

She blushed furiously and Harris bit the edge of his tongue for his idiotic retort. Just his sarcasm is going to get him killed one day..

"Mer...*Ahem* mera mtlb thaa khali paper pe kyun sign kar waa rahy?"

"Tumhari jaidaad per qabza karna hai mujhe, iss liye dhokey se khali paper pe sign kar waa raha hun."

Nature can't change. Sarcasm and his love for this slow morning person, is what makes Harris, Harris. Ha!

"Ufff! Harris!! Kiyaa subha subha faltoo main sunaa rahy ho!" She stomped her feet annoyed, picked up the brush from the floor and gathered her hair in one hand.

"Main kuch suna ne nhi aya thaa... Woh toh tumhare sawal hi khatam nhi hote."He shrugged.

She began knotting her braid and scoffed lightly.

"Tum randomly kuch bhi bol ker chaley jao... Or kuch bhi karne bolo..... Dusra banda sawal bhi naa karey." Indirectly meaning his words from last night.

He bit the inside of his cheek and smiled at her annoyed face knowing very well what she meant.

"Sawal karney ke liye bohat time para hai, karti rehna jitne marzi. Abhi isse pehley ke main or kuch bolun yahan sign kar do."

She met his eyes with a question in hers again and he gave a frustratingly cryptic smile not amswering.

He raised the pen.

She huffed and snatched it from his grasp and bent to sign the paper.

"Kuch bhi ulta hua naa, main khala jan ko bol dun gi tumne kiya hai." She threatened him and he laughed victoriously.

"Tension nhi leni Meri jan. Enjoy life." He flicked the end of her nose and said between chuckles.

Vania's jaw dropped to the floor as she watched him leave.

"Isko ho kiya gaya hai...?" She wondered frozen in spot.

"Appi--"

*Gasp* "Allah!!" Vania exclaimed startled yet again by Zainab comming out of the bathroom.