Epilogue

Next Year

January
.................................

"Ayaan!"

"Haan?"

"Fire!"

Grunting Ayaan got up from the log and taking leaden steps walked to the stove they had set up for the Barbeque.

Airaa stood infront of it, hands on her hips, her gray knit wear sweater though thick wasn't enough for her and she wore Ayaan's Letterman jacket over it, jet black hair tied up in a sleek pony tail.

"Yaar abhi toh maine aag jalayi thi?!" Ayaan groaned before taking a handful of coal and settling it in the side of the steel stove where their Barbeque was cooking.

"I told you to get the electric stove.... You wanted to be 'Desi' toh ab karo kaam." Airaa shrugged and offered him the handmade fan she was using to fan the fire.

He grudgingly took it from her hands and began to work to get the coals ablaze.

"You're just jealous." He gave her a side ways glance and she burst out laughing at his upset face.

"Haan! Samjh gaya main, tum ko jealousy ho rhi hai keh main tumhare cousins keh sath betha enjoy kar raha hun or tumko akele kaam karna parr raha hai so you keep calling me."

She kept chuckling. Raising an eyebrow he said, "Nhi hai aysa? Toh phir kisi or ko.. Harris ko kyun nhi bula rhi kaam ke liye?"

"Cuz I like to see you working..." She winked suggestively and he rolled his eyes looking back at the stove hidding his smile.

"Pervert." he mumbled.

"What? It's mine to see! I am enjoying what's my right." she smirked keeping her laugh in.

He turned around as soon as the fire was good and folded his arms on his chest for effect, "Toh sirf body dekhney ke liye baar baar bula rhi? You are objectifying your husband, I should be offended."

A grin rose up on her face and she deliberately let her eyes fall to his chest giving his fitted, navy blue turtle neck a long appreciative look and raising her hand pressed his bulging bicep.

"Husband ko itnaa hot nhi honaa chahiye naa phir!" She teased.

His lips lifted up by the corner, "Yeh toh main apni biwi ko bhi keh saktaa hun... " he let his eyes rake her up just like she did and grabbing the lapels of his red jacket she wore, pulled her to himself with a jerk.

Her breaths stuttered as she hit his chest and looked up into his liquefied eyes,

"Itna hot nhi hona chahiye naa.." he whispered huskily as his hands slid into the jacket holding her waist.

"Kam karne ko bulaya tha!" She reminded.

"Konsa? Main roz raat ko bohat kaam karta hun..." He murmured caramel orbs alight with mischeif.

Her eyes widened and she placed her hand on his chest pushing back, "Main woh wala kaam nhi keh rhi! Hato! Everyone is hungry I have to--"

"I am hungry too.." He ducked his head and said lowly in her ear, his breath making her shiver.

"You're always hungry!" She shoved him and his chest rumbled with a husky laugh.

"Your fault." he sent her a knowing look and his wandering hands gave her all the hint she needed.

Pursing her lips to keep her face straight she shook her head and pulled back, "Ayaan insan bano! Sab bethey hain pichey!"

"Toh?... Woh sarey kuch alag kar rhy?" He argued and she laughed laying her head on his chest eyes travelling to the group behind them sitting a small distance away on wooden logs around the large bonfire.