Chapter. 1

Lahore,
Marina International Ltd. Gulberg III.

Monday morning,
10:15 am:

Mondays were viciously hectic, always coming too fast and too early with the work load that got you praying for Friday already. Suffice to say Mondays were Vania Mahnoor's most fervently hated day of the week.

Scratching her forehead she bit back an exasperated sigh and re-read the document on her laptop screen. Editing it for the hundredth time, because somehow her boss still found something wrong with it.

Finally letting out a tired huff, she mailed it to her co-worker and looked up from her screen meeting his bright eyes, "Can you please proof read it for me? I mean if you have ti-"

"No! Of course I can, no worries." Waqas replied quickly opening up her mail and Vania smiled gratefully.

His cheeks tinted red and he gave all his attention to his screen, "I think fonts change kar ne chahiye. Last time bhi Hassan Sir really had a problem with-"

"Vania!!" The other girl interrupted them by sliding up to Vania's desk and snatching her mouse, she went to the document queued for printing.

"Anoushey Yaaarrr!!" Vania almost screamed in exasperation.

"Apna printer kyun nhi use karti?!" She whined pointing at Anoushey's desk right beside hers.

"Kyaa karun! Tumhara wala zyada smooth hai naaa!" Anoushey exaggerated, smiling sweetly at Vania.

Waqas frowned, annoyed at the uncalled for interruption.

"Abey yarr!" Vania gave her an irritated look for the old excuse while Anoushey patted the former's head like one would a pet's, unfazed by her anger, "Kya- dimagh ka dahi! Humesha yahi fazool excuse deti ho mera printer use karne ke liye jab ke apna khud ka idher hi para hai lawarison ki tarah."

Anoushey bit back a laugh at her Karachite accent that came out prominently when she became angry, "Lekin Meri pyari dost..." she drawled, "dost kis liye hotey hain?"

("My dear friend, what are friends for?")

"Didn't you say we are to help the other co-workers and make a healthy, professional working environment?" Anoushey continues wiggling her brows.

"Healthy professional working environment means; doing your jobs without disturbing, the other co-workers! Yeh Harassment hai Theek hai na! HR ke paas jaoun gi main!" Vania countered, pointing her out. "Bataoun gi tumharay yeh sastey kaam."

"Ek toh tumharay Karachi Slangs ayse naturally nikal ne lagte hain jab tum ghussa hoti ho. Serious lena bhi chahun toh hansi nikal ati hai." Anoushey laughed

"Hansi aa jati hai. Nikal ati hai is improper." Vania corrected randomly feeling more annoyed and Anoushey laughed harder.

"Yaar kato idhr se!" Vania whined.

"Nhi." Anoushey snorted making her grit her teeth.

"Yarr! Tum Waqas ka bhi time waste kar rhi-"

"Waqu dubara samjha dega tumheyn!" she grinned teasingly at Waqas, "Haina?"

Vania gave her an appalled look while Waqas looked away clearing his throat.

She grinned at Vania who glared at her. But then got distracted by the pages sitting on the tray waiting to be stapled.

She turned and Vania picked up her fattest ball point, an evil idea coming to her.

"Oye! Guys do you remember the new banda comes in today," Anoushey was saying as she stood arranging her pages, "HR wali Amna bata rhi thi boy bohat hot hai-"