Chap. 13

In the Abdullah House, Hussnain saw his opportunity when Harris was away. He could talk to Hania without being teased.

It was no lie his feelings for Hania increased by the day and he could no longer be satisfied with just stealing glances and sneaking into her balcony on his night stays at Hafsa phuppos house. It wasn't enough for him to have her for the little hours they stayed over he wanted more.

So that night Hussnain finally dropped the bomb..

***

"Hani.." He said.

They were standing on her balcony staring at the night sky, basking in the gentle moonlight that fell from above.

He loved how her almond brown eyes shone in the light of the moon and her features became more angelic.

"Hmmm?" she turned to him giving him her full attention.

Taking a deep breath he turned to face her, "Hania... I know we're still young and immature.. and..and... don't know anything about practical life and all that blah blah blah..." She giggled and he swallowed at the emotions evoked in his heart by that sound.

Hussnain smiled.

"Zyada lambi tamheed nhi bandhna chahta... Because ek baat I know for sure... Is that—" He gazed at her face, suddenly serious.

"Whatever life is, whatever it has in store... I want to face it..... Experience it all.. But I don't want to do it alone."

"What do you mean Hussn?" Hania tilted her head looking at Hussnain confused.

"I mean.. I.. *Ahem* (deep breath)" He softly grabbed her hands and took in a deep breath then bent down on one knee.

Hania was shocked as she stared at him.

His coffee colored eyes melted with the heat of his emotions, 

"Hania Abdullah, Shadi karo gi mujhse?” he murmured and she gasped loudly.

“I love you very much Hani.. or yeh choti choti mulakaton se mera dil nhi bharta.... I don't know if you're ready.. but I am. I want to experience this existence alongside you.... Tum apna time lo. Jab tum ready ho gi hum tab shadi kareyn ge.. But... Mujh se Nikkah karlo Hani.."

She pulled him up shocking him, and for a moment Hussnain wondered if he overstepped his boundaries. He stood muted watching her digest his request.

Hania stared at him for a minute and it seemed to Hussnain that centuries had passed. But then she ducked her head and mumbled.

"Okay..”

His heart soared..

“Kya?" He teased her as he acted like he couldn't hear her.

“Okay.” she repeated, ever shyly.

“Okay what?" He couldn't believe it! His grin split his face and his eyes glittered with joy.

“Han main tumse Nikkah karun gi! Shadi karun gi! Sab karun gi!" Hania stomped her feet and spoke loudly making Hussnain burst into chuckles.

He thought she'd slap him for his audacity, she was only 19 so that would have been the supposedly accurate reaction.

But no... She said yes!

He grinned and she ducked her head even more hiding her blushing face and smile.

"Thank you." He had leaned in and whispered. She had looked up abruptly and his heart stuttered.

Hussnain quickly stepped forward and placed a chaste kiss on the top of her forehead. Shocked, she gaped at him and he had swiftly ran out..