Chap. 40

Dressed up, Harris came out of the bedroom ruffling his hair, too lazy as usual to comb them properly. He hurriedly tried to pull the sleeves of his black button up down his taut forearms and cuff them, which was always the hardest part.

"Shaan... Yaar--" his voice died in his throat as Vania came out of her room raking a hand through her wet hair, indicating a morning shower.

Her intoxicating floral scent hit him like a truck at this early hour and his senses sharpened, alerting his body of her presence.

Wow!

She wore a simple black cotton shirt, and a red floor length cotton skirt paired with a red scarf she hadn't tied yet. Her jewelry was only a wrist watch, a trinkling chain bracelet and a thin gold chain gleamed near her collar bone but was hidden from sight.

He closed his open mouth, and swallowed with difficulty, feeling his throat going dry as his breathing seemed to have rushed.

She turned around at that moment and Harris blushed, caugth red handed in his balatant staring.

But that didn't mean he stopped. Just averted his eyes left as if he wasn't stuck on her then swiveled them back acting like he just caught sight of her.

Her morning face looked as innocent as ever, cheeks glowing with a rosy hue. Her full pouty lips coloured with a rasberry tint, and her dazzling grays sported her half cut eyeliner.

To him she looked divine, even though she was dressed casual, and he couldn't stop the erratic beating of his heart when she met his eyes with a surprised start.

Her eyes... He frowned looking at them. They seemed out of place on her fresh face as they drooped with a sad expression, the rims red and slightly swollen like she had been crying.

'Yeh ro rhi thi??'

'Ro kyun rhi thi??'
......

Vania though startled by the sudden encounter didn't show it on her face. She simply cleared her throat and tucking a strand behind her ear turned to go downstairs.

"Vania--"

He stepped forward instantly blocking her path and stood infront scrutinizing her face.

She squirmed under his intense gaze, the smouldering choclaty orbs, burning with unanswerable questions.

"Banda subha salam kar leta hai... "

He began with a light tone though his eyes reflected his impatience.

She didn't meet them, looking away she pursed her lips and nodded,

"Asslamualikum.." then moved to side step him.

"Walaikumsalam, kaisy ho?"

He replied sarcastically to her dry greeting, then side stepped not letting her pass.

Vania gritted her teeth not wanting to be in close proximity with Harris for even a second nor did she want to answer his questions.

"Side pe ho..." She said but her voice was neither loud nor as stern as she wanted it to be.

He frowned, "Okay... Pehely batao kiya hua?"

Her eyes whipped up to meet his and he was shocked by the emotions swirling with in the depths of the Gray-browns.

Anger, hurt, betrayal, pain.....and she was infuriated.

'What?!! Maine kiyaa kee ya??'
He thought.

"Meri khariyat poochney ke bajaye unki poocho jin se rishta jora hai! Mere haal chaal se tumhara koi lena dena nhi hai!"

She hissed and his eyes widened at her tone as he stared frowning harder.