Eight:

Milani
June 16
1:15 pm

"His court date is set for the 22nd at 9:00 am" I informed Victoria as she asked for an update on a client

"Okay, just make sure you call again and remind him because these people act like they never got a call and get mad when they're served a bench warrant"

"Okay" I nodded as she walked off. I started to go through the files on my desk, organizing them as Mr Lakes walked into the room

"Do you have the files for Mr Evans"

"Yes sir I was just about to go through it right now"

"I got it" he told me and I handed him the file. He stood there and went through it. As he stood there looking through it I watched him, seeing the serious look on his face and realized how much Kay looked like him

"So I heard you got married.. congratulations"

"Thank you"

"How's the marriage life treating you already?"

"It's great so far.. do you have any advice?"

He looked up like he was trying to think before looking back at me

"One thing I can say that I learned for myself is that if you're not 100% in, you might as well leave now. You don't wanna feel like your obligated to stay for any reason if you have any doubt about anything because it's just gonna cause problems"

"Thank you, I'll keep that in mind... and can I ask you one more question"

"Sure"

"Kay... me and her had a disagreement about some stuff and we haven't talked in days and I don't know what to do because I never had to deal with this type of thing with her. And I know sometimes kay is stubborn but I miss my sister and I need a way to get her to talk to me. And I'm only asking you because I've only really KNOWN her for 5 years and y'all may not talk like that but, I know you know her"

He nodded before sighing "yeah, my daughter is stubborn. But it never lasts long for the people she genuinely love. Reach out to her and talk to her and if she actually listens to what you have to say and willing to have a conversation then you know whatever the issue is, it's able to be fixed... just talk to her"

"Okay"

"And, I remember she used to be obsessed with the frosted animal cookies. I'm not sure if she still likes them but buy her a pack of them and see if it's sweeten her mood up some before you talk"

I laughed and nodded "I will. And thank you"

"No problem milani" he told me with a smile before walking off

<><>

"Bitch he blocked me on Instagram too all cause I sent one little message" MJ told me as we spoke over the phone. I shook my head.

"MJ. You said you was done with him"

"I am"

"So why it sound like you care"

"It ain about that. It's the fact that he was tryina act so butt hurt but it ain even been a week since we officially stopped fuckin for good and you already in love with another bitch"

"They probably been cool for some time"

"That's what he said but you'on just jump from friends to no relationship. Make it make sense Lani"

I laughed and sat the Walmart bag on the counter as scooter walked into the kitchen, coming up behind me to look in the bag

"The hell is that?"