Fourty Three:

Mj
December 19
1:40 pm

"Girl I just don't think relationships are my thing" I told lani while I was doing some stitch braids in her hair

"And Ain nothing wrong with that. Not everybody wanna relationship."

"Yeah, but I feel like I'm so behind. Even though I'm content with how my life is, at the same time I'm like damn... my friends all in happy relationships, getting married and having kids and then it's me. Auntie jay the single drunk auntie"

"That also spoils her nieces and nephews, makes sure the party is lit and always slaying a head. Mj Ain nothing wrong with being that auntie and you already know it. You just always so consumed on what everybody else wants or what everybody else gone think. Fuck them. You happy with life and if somebody don't like it then you don't need them around"

"I knowww"

"And stop comparing your life to other people. You making yourself feel bad when you shouldn't at all. You got your own business and shit that's constantly growing, you lit as hell and everybody loves you"

I sighed while I continued to do her hair, staying silent for a minute before changing the topic

"Well enough of me.. how is my niece doing?"

"Girllll.. I'm ready for her to get out already"

"You still got a while to go"

"I knoww. And my doctor told me the 2nd trimester is the easiest.. shit, not to me. I'm so tired all the time. Scooter literally does everything for me"

"That's how it's supposed to be. Since he wanna getchu pregnant" I joked and lani laughed touching her stomach

"Mj, I never thought I'd have the privilege to say this.. but scooter is a great ass man"

"I can tell. I see how he loves you"

"Yes and it's so cute. And plus he more excited about this baby than me"

"Did y'all come up with a name yet?"

"No but we still thinking hard on that"

"Yeah hall need to hurry up. I'm tired of calling her the baby"

"Well you help come up with a name and help us"

"I'm surprised you ain got Kay to help you"

Lani looked back at me and I dropped one of my hands

"Come onnn lani. Y'all still beefing?"

"I'm not beefing with nobody. I'm just done"

"Lani. Y'all sisters"

"And. Blood obviously don't mean shit. It is what it is"

"Both of y'all need to chill and actually TALK"

"I'm good. She got her family and friends and I got mine"

"Well both of y'all got me" I shrugged

"You were my friend first"

"Lani"

She shrugged "and I'd appreciate it if we stop talking about her. My life revolves around Kay too much already"

"Fine. But before we dead this conversation ima say this and I'm done.. y'all need to get it together"

"Should've just dreaded the conversation cause that's not happening. Now anyways.. whatchu doing for Christmas?"

"We going to my grandma on my dad's side of the family's house. What about you?"

"I'm going with scooter to his people's house"