Chapter 8

I blushed. "Th-that's..."

Why the hell am i blushing?!

"What? It's not like I'm lying." Marcus said with a shrug. "I notice everything about you. The way you walk, the way you dress and act around others versus when you're alone. Everything."

I turned even redder. "That's creepy!" I said quickly, walking towards my house. "I'm going home."

He chuckled. "Go ahead. But, let me ask you something."

"What?"

He smirked. "How are you going to get inside?"

"Through the front-" I stopped and glared at him. "You think you're so smart, don't you?"

He grinned. "Yes, actually. I believe I'm very smart."

I rolled my eyes. "Jerk."

He shrugged. "Will you hear me out?"

I sighed, looking up at my comfortable-looking window. "Fine."

"If you come on a date with me I'll help you back into your room." He looked really hopeful as he smiled at me.

"Fine but, I want to get into my room first."

Maybe-

He frowned. "I may have only been acting cocky a minute ago by saying i thought i was smart but, that doesn't mean I'm an idiot."

I tried to smile. "What do you mean?"

"You're going to have me help you then refuse to come back out."

I gritted my teeth.

This guy is smarter than i give him credit for.

"Fine. I'll go on a date with you."

He smiled. "Really? I honestly thought you were going to say 'no'."

"Yeah, well it's not like I really have a choice." I muttered.

He led me back towards the direction of his house. He pulled out two bikes from his garage. I frowned. "What do we need these for?"

He shrugged. "Did you think we would stay in the neighborhood?"

I raised an eyebrow but, didn't ask anymore. We rode to the front of the neighborhood and then to a small mall that wasn't too far away.

Putting are bikes on the bike rack we walked in and surveyed the shops. "What are we going to do here?" I asked.

He smiled. "Anything you want. The girl in the relationship usually chooses."

I narrowed my eyes. "Firstly, I am not a girl. Secondly, we are not in a relationship."

He chuckled. "Yes, yes. Of course we aren't. Well, anyways, choose where you want to go first."

I sighed, already tired of this and glanced at the different places. "I don't know, how about Garage?"

He nodded. "Sure." After a pause he asked, "What is that again?"

I groaned. This was going to be long day. "Clearly, we have different styles of clothes. It's a clothing store."

He raised an eyebrow. "Okay? Is that where you want to go?"

I shrugged. "It's not like i come to the mall to do much else. If you don't want to go there we can go somewhere else."

He shook his head. "No, it sounds interesting. I kind of want to see where you get the cool outfits you where."

"You know, you sound like a stalker when you say that."

He laughed. "Whatever. Let's go."

We made our way to the store and stepped inside. As soon as we were out of the crowded hall and in the nice dark store Marcus's eyebrow shot up again. "This is where you get your clothes?"

"That and other things. They sell more than just clothes, you know."

"Like what?"

"Backpacks, shoes, jewelry, they even sell perfume."

He nodded, looking slightly impressed. "What do you get here?"

"Like i said earlier, I get my clothes here, sometimes i get shoes. It really depends on what's on sale since i can't afford much." I walked towards the back. "I wanted to see if they had any new wristbands. I lost a few and I'll need to use them when i have no longs sleaves to wear."

He nodded again. "Mind if i look around?"

I shrugged looking over the wristband rack. "Be my guest. You might find something you like. I doubt it though, this isn't really your kind of store."

"How would you know?"

I looked up at him with a small smile. "I can just... tell. It doesn't fit your personality."

He scoffed. "Speak for yourself." He said as he walked towards another end of the store.

I watched him walk away and frowned.

Why am i even here? I could've gotten back in my room without his help.

I turned back to the rack i was looking at and, after a while of contemplation, I finally grabbed four and walked over to Marcus.

He was looking over the shirts and picked one up that had the words "Fuck You, Bitch' on the front. He put it down in disgust. I laughed into my hand. "What'd i tell you? This isn't your kind of store."

He frowned. "How can you like any of this?"

I giggled. "I don't know. It's just my preference. I would've said the same thing if you brought me into a store you shop at. It's a preference of choice."

He was silent. I rolled me eyes. "We can go to somewhere you want next? Then you can get something and i can scoff."

He smiled. "Okay. Did you get what you wanted?"

I nodded and held them up. "Four new wristbands."

We walked to the counter and i pulled out my wallet. He grabbed it from my and pulled out his own. "Hey! What are you doing?"

He shrugged as he handed the twelve dollars i owed to the cashier. "I'm going to pay."

"But-"

He finished paying and pulled me out of the store. I crossed my arms. "Why did you do that?"

"'Cause it was the polite thing to do. Can you please just calm down?"

I pursed my lips and stared at him for a while without talking. Finally, i sighed. "Fine but, at least warn me next time. You surprised me."

He smiled. "Deal. Where do you want to go next?"

"I said you could choose. Where ever you want to go."

He looked around and grinned. "Come with me."

*******

Hey everyone! Wow, i suck at mall date scenes! Haha! I also want everyone to know know that i am officially starting 'Journey With A Wild Horse'. It will be the next book i update so, those of you looking forward to that, it will be here soon! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco

( P.S. If you have a store you want them to go to then please tell me because I have no idea where Marcus is going to take Eliot. I need help. ;))