Chapter 17

I made sure no one was watching and quickly stuck a sticky note on Marcus's locker. I prayed nobody nosey would take it, before running towards science class which I was almost late for.

It had taken me all week to get the courage to right the note and put it on Marcus's locker. Everytime I would try I'd chicken out or something would get in the way.

I chose to do it at the end of the day so Marcus couldn't ask me what it was. Basically, the note said to meet me at the park Saturday afternoon. Since it was still early spring it was said to snow so I made it the afternoon so it would be less cold.

I sat down in my seat and sighed. "So? Did you do it?" I looked up at Cally and smiled. "Yeah."

She giggled happily. "You said Saturday, right? That way he has to wait in suspense before he can know."

I nodded. "I'm kinda nervous though..."

"If you know he loves you then it shouldn't be too scary. You won't have to face rejection." She said.

I shook my head. "I'm not scared of telling him. I'm afraid my parents will find out. They'll be mad and... I don't want to know what they'll do..." I shivered at the thought.

Cally frowned. "They should accept you." I sighed. "They already know he likes me and they don't. They see it as disgusting."

She looked horrified. "It is not disgusting! They have no right to tell you who to love!"

I rolled my eyes. "Try telling them that."

The teacher walked in and class started and by the time it was over I was sweating. Marcus would be at his locker soon. Cally had talked me into watching him get the note so we were walking over to where his locker was.

I peeked around the side of the wall and watched the locker. The sticky note was still there. Just seconds later Marcus came around the corner and headed straight for his locker.

We moved so we were hidden and I watched him, my hands playing with one of the cuts on my wrist. As I watched he pulled the sticky note off and read it.

His head turned in all directions before he stuffed it in his pocket and finished with the locker. Then he smiled and walked down the hall away from us.

I sighed in relief. "He doesn't seem upset. That's good."

Cally rolled her eyes. "Of course not. Come on. You need some clothes."

I frowned. "Why?"

She rolled her eyes again and pulled me out the school doors. "Just 'cause. You only have your long sleaved sweaters. You need some style when you tell him!"

I frowned. "But, I don't have any money to buy clothes. It's all at home."

She shrugged. "I'll buy it. I've always wanted to play dress up for a gay boy anyways." Then she stopped. "That didn't offend you, right?! I only meant it in a good sense, calling you a gay boy!"

I couldn't help but, chuckle. "I'm not offended. It doesn't matter to me what you call me. I've been called worse anyways."

She sighed in relief. "Okay. I was about to freak out for a minute there."

We got to the mall and it made me remember the time Marcus took me there. I smiled and Cally asked, "Where do you want to go?"

I shrugged. "I only shop at a few places. Garage, and a few others."

She gave me a look. "Seriously?" I frowned and she sighed. Then she grinned. "We'll go to Hot Topic first. Their clothes will look great on you!"

She dragged me to another part of the building and we entered a store with kind of a Rock/Metal style. I looked around nervously. I wasn't used to new places.

Cally ran to a smaller section and started looking around. She smiled and pulled out some pairs of white, black, red, and blue skinnies jeans. "Try these on."

I took them hesitantly. We walked to the dressing room and I shut the door. While Cally waited outside, I put on the first pair. Red.

I walked out and asked, "Well? How do they look?"

She frowned. "They make you look too pasty. Try on something with less color."

I nodded and went back in. After trying on all of the different pairs we chose the black and the white. The blue ones made me look sick, apparently.

Then we walked into the shirt area. I looked around while Cally picked sone more clothes. A purple, long sleaved shirt caught my eye and I walked over, picking it up.

It had a large white flower design on the front. The only thing was the flower was wilted and it had black stains on it like it had been dipped in ink. The sleaves looked like an under shirt, black and white striped with purple speckles.

Cally came and peeked over my shoulder. "Do you like that one?"

I shrugged. She took it and put in the stack of shirts she had. "Well, try it on. Never know 'til you do." She said smiling.

We headed back to the dressing room and I went back into the same stall. After putting on three shirts, all getting rejected by Cally, I got the the purple one.

I came out of the dressing room and Cally clapped her hands. "It's perfect! Wait! Stay here! I'll be right back!"

She ran off and I sighed. I waited for her until she came back, a black scarf in her hands. She wrapped it around my neck and smiled brightly. "There! You should wear this with the white pants!"

I glanced in the mirror and smiled a little. She was right. It looked really good on me. I turned back to her and nodded. "Okay. Is that everything then?"

She rolled her eyes. "Of course not! You still need shoes and some accessories!"

We went into the shoe section and she shrugged. "I'm only into girls shoes so you can pick."

I looked around and went towards the convers. I picked up a completely black pair and looked them over. After trying them on I decided they were the ones I wanted and we added those to what we already had.

After that we brought all of it to the checkout. "Are you sure it's okay to let you pay for all of this?" I asked looking at the bill.

She nodded. "Absolutely. It's the least I can do for letting me take you shopping. This was really fun!"

I smiled. "Yeah." We left the mall and I smiled as I talked to Cally. When her house came into sight and she waved good bye as she ran off. I waved and headed for my own house.

I looked inside he window and saw my parents sleeping on the couch. I walked in, careful not to let the bags wake them up, and headed for my room.

I sat down on my bed and sighed. I was really going to tell him tomorrow. I blushed at the thought and stuff my face in my pillow. I must have fallen alseep because I found myself dreaming up the nightmares and wonderlands of what could happen...

*******

Hey everyone! I am so dang bored! I want to do something but, nothing appeals to me. I wish there was something to do. Oh, well. Maybe you guys are having a better day than I am. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco