Chapter 25

I sat nervously in the back of the car. The doctor had called and said he'd like to look at my arm and leg. It'd been a couple months and he was hoping they were healed.

I wasn't scared of the doctor. I was actually very happy about the possibility of getting the casts off. I was nervous because I knew what what going to come after.

I hadn't said anything to Marcus about getting them off but, somehow he found out, Cally most likely, and had asked if he could go. I had agreed reluctantly.

I knew I shouldn't be scared. I had been the one to make the agreed for him to wait until now. I just didn't think it'd come so soon.

The car stopped and I took a deep breath, opened my door and started walking towards the hospital. I felt a warmth surround my hand and glanced at Marcus.

He smiled at me. "Don't be so nervous. There nothing to freak out about."

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, thanks."

He held my hand while we walked in and waited for the doctor to call us to another room. I let go of Marcus's hand to get up onto the bed and we waited for the doctor to come in.

The door opened a few minutes later. "Hello, Eliot. How are you today?"

I shrugged. "I'm good." I never understood why doctors asked that question. I mean, they're supposed to find out if you're not okay so why ask and still check you?

"That's good. How's that arm of yours doing? Think it's ready to be free from that annoying cast?" He asked.

I shrugged again. "Sure. Is it actually coming off?"

He smiled. "Maybe. I have to check it first."

He came over and he examined my arm. He asked me to move my fingers and I did. He asked if it hurt to move them. I shook my head. He did a few other things before he called for the nurse.

She came in and handed him some tools. He quickly cut the cast from my arm and I almost threw up. I hadn't been able to wash that arm in months so it smelled horrible.

The doctor tossed the cast in the garbage and cleaned and disinfected my arm. Then he took one of my fingers and wiggled it around. "Does that hurt?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No."

He moved my wrist around. "What about that? Any pain?"

I shook my head again. "No. It feels really weird though."

He chuckled. "Well, that's from not being able to move it for a while. Looks to me like you have a healed wrist and no longer need that cast." He smiled. "Congratulations, Eliot."

He did the same thing for my leg and it turned out that my bones were healed and just needed to rest up for a bit. He gave me a bottle of cream and told me if I felt any pain to just put some on the area that was hurting. We thanked him and left the hospital shortly after that.

I got back in the car and glanced at Marcus as he got in. I didn't expect him to do anything while we were driving but, I wasn't sure what to expect when we got home.

Thirty minutes of driving later we pulled up at Cally's huge house and we both got out. Cally's mom told us Cally wasn't home and she'd be back later.

We walked into the house and I grew very tense. Cally's mom was the only one home and she would be two floors below us if we went up to my room. There was no way she'd hear us if somthing happened.

Marcus smiled at me. "So, now that you don't have a cast want to play a video game or something?"

That was not what I had expected and I stared at him. He frowned. "What?"