Chapter 26

A few days passed and Marcus got more and more distant. He still wanted to see me and come over but, it wasn't the same. He always seemed to have something on his mind. It was beginning to worry me.

I was eating dinner one night when Cally asked, "Hey, don't you think it's time to take your relationship with Marcus up a notch?"

I choked on my water and shot her a look. We were eating in her room so it wasn't like anyone could hear us but, it was still an embarrassing question. "No, I don't." I retorted.

She frowned. "But, haven't you noticed that Marcus has been a little off lately? I wonder if he's having second thoughts."

I struggled to swallow my food. "I don't know... He has been different but, maybe he's just worried about school. Staar test is coming up soon."

She shrugged. "I guess." She was quiet for a minute and I hoped the conversation was over. Then she said, "Are you happy with Marcus?"

I shrugged. "Of course. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I l-" I cut myself off and my eyes widened. I stared down at the ground. Y couldn't be that simple. No way. If that was the reasin then why didn't he say anything...?

Cally frowned. "What is it?"

I stood up. "I have to go. I'll be back later."

She stood up too. "Why? Where are you going?" She looked concerned.

I shook my head and hurried out the door. "I'll be back soon! Don't you dare start making up stupid things while I'm gone!"

She chuckled and I ran out the door. I raced down the stairs and quickly slipped my shoes on.Then I was outside and running for Marcus's house, one thought running through my mind the whole time.

I haven't said it...

Marcus had told me countless times thar he loved me and that I was the most precious thing in the world to him. But, me? I had gotten my feelings across but, I'd never actually said the words.

I love you...

I had almost gotten there when I saw him at the park, a few friends of his were tossing a ball back and forth with him.

I ducked behind and tree and tried to catch my breath. Then I frowned what was my big plan here? I couldn't just say it right out. That would just sound stupid.

I sighed and leaned on the tree, watching Marcus from the shadows while I thought. He seemed a little distracted while he played with his friends and I felt guilty.

After waiting for a while they finally started to break up and leave. The sun was setting and most of his friends were going home for the night. I checked the phone Cally's parents had gottne me and saw about five messages from Cally.

'Where are you?'

'Are you meeting with Marcus?'

'Helloooooo? Are you going to answer me or what?'

'Okay, if you don't tell me what's going on right now I'm going to start a fanfic about you guys and put it on the Internet!'

'EEEELIIIIIIOOOOOOT! ANSWER MEEEEEEEEE!'

I sighed. 'I'm right here. What do you want?'

Her reply came immediately. 'Why didn't you say something? I'm freaking out here!'

I rolled my eyes and turned to watch Marcus sit down on one of the benches. He looked tired. I made a quick reply. 'Sorry. I was busy. I'll text you later, okay? Bye'

I saw Marcus stand and pick up his things. Then he started heading home. I followed him and continued to wonder how long I had to make a decision.

The house came into view and I watched him walk up the steps. Then I took a deep breath. "Marcus. Can I talk to you?"

He stopped and turned around, eyebrow raised in confusion. "Eliot? What are you doing here so late?"

I glanced around nervously. I hadn't thought this through good enough. I bit my lip. "Can we talk?"

He frowned but, shrugged. "Sure. He stood on the first step and I stood below him. He waited for me to talk. I swallowed nervously. "Marcus, I have noticed you've not been yourself."

He looked at me funny. "How so?"

I looked away. "If it's my fault, I wish you'd tell me. I don't want to build a block between us."

He looked down and shook his head. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just as usual."

I frowned and clenched my fists. "Marcus... I love you."

He seemed to freeze. He didn't look up at me but, his eyes got bigger as he kept his head down. I closed my eyes and leaned forward until my face was in his chest. "I love you so much."

He put his hands on my shoulders and pulled me away so he could see me. "Really?"

I nodded. "Really. I needed to say it. I haven't ever told you, have I?"

He shook his head and pulled me into a hug again. "I knew you did but, I was having doubts. I wanted to hear you say it without me asking."

I hadn't ever seen him like this before and I felt bad for making him feel this way. I pulled away. "I started to notice when I first got my cast off. You didn't immediately bring up our agreement and it made me wonder."

He smiled softly. "I wanted you to bring it up. I didn't want to force you to do anything you didn't want to."

I nodded, smiling a little. "Well, I did say that I'd let you when my cast was gone." He stared at me and I blushed. "It's gone now..."

He smiled and grabbed my arm. "Come with me."

*******

Hey everyone! This chapter is a little short but, I had to end it here. I'll have another chapter tomorrow and it'll have some smexy stuffs in it! The next one or the one after that will be the last. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco