Chapter 15

(Eliot's POV)

I watched Marcus race out of the room and I stared after him. I frowned and grabbed my backpack, running after him only seconds later. "Marcus! Stop!"

Just before I ran out of the room I saw his bag laying on the floor right outside the door. I picked it up and watched Marcus run down the hall and disappear out the front doors.

There was no way I could catch up to him with two bags weighing me down, ignoring the fact that I had shorted legs. I bit my lip. I didn't know what to do.

Why did he react like that?

I left the school and didn't even bother checking the time, walking to the orphanage and shutting the door behind me. I dropped both backpacks by the reception desk and pulled out a bowl. "Sami!"

The big dog came running out of one of the rooms and skidded to a stop in front of me. I pet his head while he ate the food I had put in his bowl. When he was done he climbed into my lap and I hugged him.

I didn't really think a dog could help but, I needed someone to talk to. "Marcus freaked out today. He was... kissing me and then just ran off. I don't know why."

Sami snuggled my chin and I smiled. "I don't know. Maybe I did something. Maybe..." I trailed off and frowned.

Maybe he doesn't care anymore...

I shook my head. That was impossible. Marcus would never do that and then just run off without a good reason. I pulled up my sleave and looked at the purple mark on my wrist.

It was almost gone. Thankfully, my parents hadn't seen it in the whole time I've had it. I rubbed it and sighed. I had already told myself I liked Marcus but, I wasn't ready to tell him.

I scratched Sami's ears and he made small noises of content. There was a squeak and Sami jumped out of my lap. I looked towards the door and my eyebrows shot up.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" Marcus muttered.

I quickly stood up. "Marcus." I hadn't expected him to come here.

He froze when he heard my voice and looked up at me. I swallowed nervously. "Marcus, what happened?"

He looked down and shook his head. "Nothing. Forget it." He turned to leave but, I grabbed his arm. "I want an answer."

He clenched his teeth and I sighed. I came around to face him and made him look at me. "Why did you act so weird earlier?"

He sighed and put a hand over his face. "I... I made you cry..."

I stared at him. I bit my tongue to hide the smile that was trying to show. "O-oh?"

He took a shaky breath and said, "I never wanted to make you cry. I'm horrible."

I couldn't hold it. "Pfft!"

I burst out laughing and I had to put a hand to my mouth in a failed attempt to stop. Marcus looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. "What-"

"Marcus! Oh, my God! You're so dense!" I kept laughing and he frowned. "What are you talking about?"

I took deep breaths before looking up, still smiling. "If I was mad I would have said so. I wasn't crying. Well, I was but, I wasn't mad at you."

He looked confused. "But, I did what I said I wouldn't. I... I was..."

I shook my head. "I can't believe you."

He looked down. I could see the blush on his face. I pulled up my sleave and showed him my wrist. "You still have some time left. Don't back out now or I'll kill you."

He frowned. "But, I thought you didn't like me that way."

"I don't." A lie. "But, maybe you'll change my mind." I said, my eyes on the floor.

He stepped towards me and slipped an arm around my waist. "That sounded like a confession to me. Am I right?"

I squirmed and shook my head. "Absolutely not. I hate you and it'll stay that way. All I was saying was that I'll be mad if you tried to pretend nothing ever happened just because of a misunderstanding." I looked up into his eyes. "There is no way I'll fall for you."

He smirked and leaned down to my ear. "You've already fallen." He whispered. I stepped on his foot and he let go of me to hop around muttering swear words.

"Forget it." I said.

I grabbed his backpack and held it out to him. "You left this at school. I was going to give it to you tomorrow but, I'll just do it now."

He had stopped rubbing his foot and took his stuff. "Hey, Eliot?"

I got the chills from how serious he sounded. "Yeah, what?" I was facing away from him and he came up behind me. "Can I kiss you?" I could feel his breath on my neck.

I was quiet. How do you answer sonething like that? I heard him drop his backpack on the ground and his arms came around my waist. "Eliot?"

I swallowed. "Well... I..."

He turned me around and I was trapped between him and the reception desk. He leaned towards me, his dark eyes practically turning me to stone as he stared at me.

"M-Marcus..." I stuttered.

My eyes fell to his lips. They were soft and pink and open just slightly. I subconsciously licked my lips and he gave a small laugh. "Don't do that. You're going to make it impossible to stop myself."

I tried to say something but, he cut me off and pressed his lips to mine. They were just like they looked. Soft. I felt him brush his tongue on my lips and I hesitated.

He frowned and pushed his tongue past my lips by force. Immediately I melted into his arms. He held me close and I can't even begin to explain how comfortable and safe it felt in his arms.

He pulled away and I was breathing hard. I was sure my cheeks were flushed and I looked away. He turned my face back to him and stared at me. "Who knew you were such a good kisser."

I blushed and started to push him away. He only tightened his hold and kissed me again. I moaned when he slipped is tongue in and out of my mouth, touching mine everytime it did.

My mind was completely blank. All I could think about was Marcus's hands massaging my hips, his tongue flicking in my mouth, and his warmth. He was so warm.

Suddenly, there was a loud beebing. I gasped and pushed Marcus away, grabbing my watch out of my bag. I had to be home in fifteen minutes. I shoved my watch into my bag again and turned back to Marcus. "Sorry! I have to go!"

I ran out of the door. "See you at school tomorrow!"

I laughed when I heard him shout, "Really? You cut it off at the best part!" I could just see his face.

I raced home and ran up to my room. My parents weren't home yet so I had the place to myself. I shut my door and closed my eyes to catch my breath.

Then I laughed and tossed my bag into the corner. I grabbed my pillow and buried my face in it while I giggled like a girl. I closed my eyes and just smiled.

*******

Hey everyone! Wow! Is it really still this early in the day? Haha! I feel like it should be time for bed! I can't believe I actually got this chapter done today. I've been writing bits and pieces all day and I've been really busy so I didn't think I'd get it done. But, I did! Eliot is slowly getting drawn closer and closer to Marcus! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco