to build a home

S A M

Weeks had passed since they opened the bunker to other hunters, growing this new hunter network, where eight hunters were currently living with them permanently. Two others lived close by and stopped by almost every day. Other than that, they had hunters visiting when driving through town, or if there was something they needed, or could help with. So the bunker was often bustling with people. Now, right before Christmas, the bunker was so alive, which it probably hadn't been since the Men of Letters left it, and Sam was almost glowing with excitement as they continue to develop the network. Getting calls from other hunters across the country who wanted to join their work, some wanting to establish a base as they had here. Sam had grown up not wanting to be a hunter, but now, he couldn't imagine not living like this. He loved this. Loved how he could help others, get hunters in touch with each other, establishing a community and network that for sure would live on for a long time.

Sam also loved how it brought him and Eileen closer each day. She loved hunting too, and she often went out on cases with the other hunters living in the bunker. Sam tried to join whenever he could, but he, Taylor and Xand mostly stayed here working on uploading their library to the online hunter's network. Today, however, Leo had found a ghost case just an hour drive from here that he had wanted Sam to join him on. He guesses he needed to get out there once in a while.

Jack came and went whenever they could, joining them for dinner in the bunker, movie nights in the living room. Jack didn't stay for long, as they were busy rebuilding heaven, fixing what Chuck had ruined or broken. Making a better world. Sam couldn't be more proud. The world was safe, in the hands of a God with a heart as good as Jacks.

Dean had started his new job at the garage in town, and he seemed to really enjoy it, he even spent more time in the bunker's garage during his days off. He would help them whenever they needed, with whatever they needed, Dean even had joined Eileen on a simple ghost hunt last week, his first hunt after he'd gotten Cas back. But other than that he didn't join them actually hunting. But he was happy, happier than Sam had ever seen him, and that's what matters. He hadn't really been surprised when his brother had told him that he wanted to quit hunting. He knew Dean no longer wanted to chase after his destiny as a hunter, now that he had the chance to live a happy, safe, almost normal life. With someone he loved.

Castiel usually spent his days in the bunker helping the others, or Sam. He'd been working on translating a section of books in Enochian, and some others that were written in such old languages that it was impossible for anyone else to translate. He seemed to really enjoy it, the reading and the writing. Some days he would disappear from the bunker for hours. He'd told Sam that he enjoyed the peace he found in nature, so he was often drawn to the forests close to the mountains.

Cas would sometimes join him or Eileen on some of the basic hunts, the quick and easy ones, but nothing big or too far away. Sam suspected Dean might have something to do with that. He knew how protective his brother was about Cas, he always had been. And now that Dean had gotten him back, finally got what he had wanted for so long, he for sure refused to lose that to a stupid hunt.

Dean and Cas.

Sam had never before seen neither of them so alive. Not much had changed really, except now they didn't hide from each other. However, sometimes the happiness in their eyes was the only indication that anything had changed between them. The kissing was new, the giggling, tight embraces, cuddling. But... they were so they, that Sam sometimes almost forgot that they had finally gotten together. They'd always been close, inseparable. The looks were the same, a longing for the other shining brightly. The way they seemed to always be touching somehow, or at least be so close that they could touch. The way they always seemed more alive when in the presence of the other.