sparks fly whenever you smile

D E A N

The last day of work before Christmas is over and Dean, on his way from the bathroom to his bedroom after a long and relaxing shower head down the hall, his hair still damp. He pulls his necklace - the chain holding a slightly glowing glass ball - over his head, placing it under his shirt so that it rests close to his heart. His black t-shirt sticking tight to his still damp chest and shoulders, his sweatpants hanging loosely from his hips.

When he rounds the corner, he sees Cas departing from Dean's room, or now it was really their bedroom. Miracle is close by Cas's feet, always staying close to his new favorite family member. Mir had fallen completely in love with Cas the moment they had met, and sometimes it almost made Dean a little jealous. As Mir sees Dean she runs over excepting to be greeted by a hug, as Dean always gives him. Dressed in one of Dean's slightly oversized hoodies, Cas turns his face down the hallway where he finally spots Dean coming towards him.

A smile cracks uncontrollably across Dean's face the moment he meets the angel's eyes. He might no longer have his grace, technically making him human and not an angel. But to Dean, he would always be an angel. Cas had always been, and would always be an angel in Dean's eyes. And now, he was his angel. When Dean raises from hugging the dog, he runs off, continuing down the hall, most likely headed for his favorite resting spot by the fire.

«Nice hoodie.» Dean winks at Cas, a smile appeared on his lips too.

«It was the only clean one I could find after I showered earlier.» He smiles as he meets Dean in the middle of the hallway. «And I was too lazy to do laundry... Since you were still at work I figured you wouldn't have any use for it at the time, besides you don't seem to mind when I borrow them.»

«You know I love seeing you in my clothes.» Dean smiles and closes the distance between them. His smile widens as he teasingly stops short of kissing the angel. He can't stand it for long though, and finally kisses him after having longed for it all day. One of his favorite times of his day was always the moments after he had just gotten back from work, and sees Cas again. Getting to kiss him again after having missed his warmth and love all day. «Merry Christmas, my love.»

«Merry Christmas, Dean.»

When Dean, still kissing him, leans closer, his arms going to his waist, the lightbulb directly over them explodes with a loud snap. Dean rapidly pulls back from the kiss, but gather his arms protectively around the angel and pulls him even closer to his chest. Sparks rains down all around them, before the spot they are standing in turns slightly darker in the absence of the light. A moment passes and Dean slowly looks to the angel's face who is blushing and trying not to meet his gaze. A small but almost embarrassed smile plays on his lips.

«Cas, was that you?»

«It...» he chuckles as he finally meets Dean's eyes. «It seems that the small portion of grace you left with me, is not as easy to control as when I'm fully powered up. It is... Uhm... I believe it's so little that I have no control over it, and it might act on its own will when I experience... Uhm... strong emotions. So, it does things like that sometimes.»

«You're kidding with me.»

«No, it doesn't seem like I am.» Nervously rambling, he looks up at the lamp hanging from the ceiling, now dark and empty. «If you're bothered by it, I can just remove it all. It's such a small part that, yes I am fully human, but there's still is a little grace left, like the size of a grain of sand. If you don't...» Cas doesn't finish as Dean closes the distance between them to silence him.

«It's adorable.» He smiles into the kiss, raising his hands to run it through his beautiful black hair. «It's part of you. It will always be a part of who you are, even if you'd remove it all. But it's part of you, and...» he gently kisses him again, pulling them even closer.

«And I love every single part of you. There isn't a single thing that I don't love about you.»

Cas blushes deeper at Dean's words and the look he gives him, makes Dean's stomach flip a thousand times. The stupid butterflies in his stomach attack him everywhere every time Cas gives him that loving look. He hates those stupid butterflies. But he wouldn't have it any other way.

«I love you.» He says kissing him between each time he says the words, making Cas smile so wide he lights up the dark that the exploded lamp above them left. «I love you. I love you. I love you.»

«You've already said that like seven times this morning.»

«Not enough.» Backing up slowly, Dean pulls Cas with him by the collar of his hoodie. His back pressed to the wall behind him, Dean pulls his angel as close as he can, to kiss him again. His lips seem to scream for contact with the other man's lips all day long, even when he wakes in the middle of the night, his first thoughts are of kissing his angel. His name is always the last word on Dean's lips as he falls asleep at night, his lips still longing for the other's lips. His name always the first word on his lips as Deans wakes in the morning. He no longer dreads walking in the mornings, knowing that his first word of the day will be answered with the whisper of his own name, a deep and rasping voice close to his ear.

One hand still in his soft and dark hair, the other cups his angelic face. Cas's own hands find their way to Dean's waist, holding him close. His eyes full of love and emotion studies the blue eyes currently staring at Dean's lips. The blue eyes raise to meet his green, and with a deadly quiet, they hold each other's gaze for a long moment. Dean could spend the rest of his life like this. Holding the angel, kissing him freely as often as he wants, needs. Staring at him, the angel with eyes like the sky.

«I need to make up for all the times I didn't say them. I've been such a coward all these years. Wanting to scream out the three hardest words I've ever known, every time I've looked at you. I was such a coward, keeping them to myself. I'm never doing that again.» Dean can see Cas's eyes turn glassy as they softly smile at each other.

«I was a coward too, so there's no need to...»

«I'm going to tell you I love you until I take my last breath, and there is absolutely no way you can stop me. Not even if you kill me yourself, will I stop saying it. These three words will be the last words from my lips, so nothing will ever again stop me from telling you I love you, whenever I want to. And I want to. You make the words easy for me to say, and I love you even more for that, each time I speak them out loud. You make me want to live Cas, not just survive, get through the day.... but live

With wide, glassy eyes Cas takes a step closer to Dean, closing a distance that isn't even there. With hands holding Dean tight, Dean can see Cas's face crumbling with emotion before they both get lost in another kiss.

One of many.

// AN //

I've been obsessed with the idea of Cas not being able to control his grace when kissing Dean so I just had to write a short chapter with it. Thank you so much for reading!!<3