AN

Thank you to everyone who has read, commented, and voted on this story!!<3

I feel like this (or something similar) is what should have happened.

After everything Dean and Cas and Sam have been through, they all deserved to live the life they wanted. Dean wanted to quit hunting, and Sam wanted to be of help to other hunters. Cas and Eileen would of course stand by their sides for whatever they chose to do with their lives.

It should have been their choice.

The characters should have gotten to chose their ending, not the writers who don't even know their own characters... we all know, whether you like the ending or not, that the end wasn't the character's choice, it was rather their worst nightmare come true, and that will forever haunt me.

But at least, we have lots of fanfiction to get lost in, and that helps a little. It has really helped me to write this story, and it might not be perfect or how things should have happened, but for me, it's the happy ending I wanted...

They got everything they ever wished for, the lives they deserved. Dean doesn't die on a hunt, he dies of old age. Cas isn't killed off because of his feelings, he lives a long life of love, able to express his feelings every single day of his life. Sam isn't left alone, unhappy, and sad for the rest of his life, he lives a long and happy life, as he deserves. (And no, he doesn't have a son named Dean, because the real Dean never died an awful death...) Eileen doesn't just disappear and is forgotten, she lives a long and happy life filled with love, as she deserves.

It should have been their choice.

Again, thank you so much to everyone who has read this, to everyone who has commented and voted on this!

I love you guys!!<3