Tick Tock

Fie Wright's P. O. V

Grimacing at the slick sweat creating an unhygienic sheen on my body, I pull the damp shirt away from my skin with a look of distaste as I peal it away from me before dropping it onto the tiled floor. Next my hands grab at my lycra pants, the one's which Malleus complemented several times throughout the day which I quickly discard as well.

Stripping down to nothing, I hurry towards the shower, wanting all the filth to be washed away after I wallowed away in the sun, quite literally fighting off a pesky Ezra who wouldn't let me go till I had a mini spar with him. I would have said yes quickly but I know the brat has been sparring with his mate and instead of finding anyone else to try his new moves out on, he comes running to little old innocent me.

I would have had nasty bruises forming if not for the werewolf side of our genes kicking in instantly. I could go pouting to Malleus but what kind of person would that make me? I'd be sending my own cousin to the gallows, not that I'm very interested in saving his behind any time soon.

"Stupid little shit. Trying to throw me around like that. The last kick in the balls I gave him should help. No amount of werewolf healing will help that." I mutter under my breath, the shower handle denting a bit due to the force I've applied accidentally.

"Did you say something, baby?" Comes a gruff voice from the other side of the bathroom door to which I hurriedly shake my head.

"No. No. Just talking to myself Malleus. The usual." I call back as he starts mumbling to himself before leaving the room as the door makes a loud smack behind him.

The hot water does wonders against my tense muscles as the day's worries wash away and go down the drain. The scent of my lavender body wash calms me down twice as fast and I nearly let a sinful moan slip passed my tongue at the delightful feeling of my aching bones coming to a rest.

"I could stay in here for years." I say out loud as I scrub my back while inhaling the steam that rises up in clouds all around me. Humming to myself in content, I think of how a bath might have been a nicer reward to my cramped muscles but the thought of my dirty mud covered body has me cringing away at the thought of practically sitting in my own filth and then washing myself with it.

I'll take a bath some other day when I'm much more reasonably clean.

Too busy thinking about my now numb body, I nearly miss the slight creak which rises up from the tiled floor. Freezing in place, I halt all sudsy movement with my hands placed at my chest and my head tilted to the side trying to get a better earful while my eyes try to see passed all the steam which makes it incredibly hard to see.

The shriek that rips its way through my throat and passes my lips, getting muffled immediately as a hand gently presses against my mouth while my body relaxes as familiar sparks and an enticing smell multiple times better than my lavender scented body wash greets me. I let out a sigh of relief as I lean backwards, hoping Malleus' back will be pressed against me and it isn't just a random floating hand against my face.

I start to think weird things when I'm in the shower. I can't help it.

Wet skin coupled with Malleus' body heat has me turning my head, careful to not let my eyes wander any lower than his own captivating ones. The mischievous smirk he sends my way causes a scowl to pull onto my features as I send him a disapproving glare.

"What did you do that for?" I question in a huff, closing my eyes momentarily at his soothing touch, which goes from my lips and up to caress the soppy locks of my curly hair before they shoot open once more. I'm not about to let this slide without whining about it a few times. "You know my mind begins to play tricks on me. I can barely shampoo my hair with my eyes closed because I'm convinced some weird ass ghost is going to be in front of me as soon as my eyelids drop."