Ultimatum

Fie Wright's P. O. V

All around me I hear loud voices as everyone in the great hall bursts into whispers, some people shuffling about here and there but still managing to stay concealed within the shadows. The pack kneeling all around me too squirm uncomfortably but with dumb founded looks on their faces.

I, however, try to make sense of the situations while I feel like my head has been dunked into a vat of bubbling oil. I can barely hear anything. Sort of how when you're travelling somewhere with a change in altitude and your ears start to buzz and you lose clarity till they get blocked off completely and all you can hear is a dimmed down version of your usual hearing.

"My King. I'm afraid I must have heard incorrectly?" A familiar voice speaks up as Marcus regains his voice first.

My rhythmically normal pounding heart starts to increase its tempo as the entirety of what has just passed dawns on me. The glittering of butterflies in my stomach turn wild as a tormenting knot digs deeper into my torso. My hand rests on the cool marble floor, relishing and seeking comfort in the drastic temperature it brings to my overly heating up body.

"I do not like repeating myself." That same voice speaks up, shivers raking down my back as my eyes raise from off of the floor, only to find myself unable to gaze into the daunting man seated before me. My face pales but yet I feel like every fibre of my being is on fire as the impact of whats happening actually hits me.

That once continuous pounding in my head like an overwhelming migraine settles down to a gentle thrum till finally it fades away completely and an intense pressure erupts entirely around my head, my eyes almost turning dark with the force as I scrunch them shut completely. As soon as the overly weird sensation comes, it goes away as one single sound resounds in my head like a stuck record. Everything melting away as my breath seizes at the word coming clearer and clearer into coherence.

Mate.

That one word is all it takes for my eyes to snap open and to trail to the hooded gaze of the King on the throne, not being able to see anything except an obscure darkness. Yet, I still know it's his voice reverberating in my mind as I finally understand. Ezra's previous words making sense of my wolf calling for something.

More like someone.

My mate.

Letting out a shuddering breath, I try my best to calm my senses even though it's all in naught. Glancing around, I take note of how everyone slowly starts to stand from their kneeling positions. Copying their actions, I try to ignore the tingling sensation in my leg of being in such a peculiar posture as my head remains lowered. My hands are shaking as I clench them together, trying to take in as deep a breath as possible.

"All of you please follow me," the Minister speaks up as he throws a panic strikes glance at the foreboding man besides him before shuffling over to us. He snaps his fingers once and someone else scuttles over to him, taking the papers from him and then hurrying over to the King's side in a matter of a few seconds. The Minister then returns his sharp eyed gaze to our group and motions for us  to follow.

I just about manage to do so even with my eyes turned in the direction of my-

Nope. Not possible. My wolf must be drugs. She has had to have the wolf equivalent of a cat on catnip.

There is no way possible on earth- in any of the parallel universes- where that King is my mate.

My line of sight gets blocked off by Brutus pointing forward, turning my direction to the Minister in front of me who hurries off out of sight of the King and over to another set of doors on the opposite side of where we were stood before. My throat dries as it feels like a pair of eyes sear right into my back. Even though eyes of all the people in the huge hall gaze upon us, the most important ones can be felt right into my very core leading to my soul.