Fruition

Fie Wright's P. O. V

A thumping of swift feet against solid stone pathways echoes all around me. The distinct sound of my boots alerts the already clamouring people to rush out of my way as maids and chamber boys alike dodge by me. It could be also be the angry sweltering expression on my face that pretty much screams 'stay out of my way or I'll trample you'. Okay maybe it's also my growling wolf with its hackles raised telling everyone else's wolf to not so kindly go do dirty things to themselves.

'Where the hell are you?' My voice echoes in my mind as I connect to Ezra'a. At first I get no reply which aggravates me and my wolf even further. The irritated snarl tearing through my lips is something I can't control. The poor lady passing by nearly jumps out of the way as she flits passed me with a worried look on her face.

One part of me feels bad and wants to stop to apologise while the other part of me preens in triumph and bristles up even further.

'Ezra.' My thoughts get answered as Ezra's nervous energy reaches me. His wolf on edge just like the man himself is. I can also feel the tentative way he drops his guard so that he can answer me. Voice more so tentative as he finally answers me.

'Um. Yes Fie? What's wrong?' I grunt at the timid sound of his voice like he expects me to lash out at him.

I'm not that out of grip. I can handle myself, thank you very much.

'Where the hell are you?' I grit out while I hear a sigh on the other end as he shows his annoyance at me mentally.

'We're all outside. In one of the back gardens. I'm not sure which one though.' Taking his information into mind, I decide to put my plan into motions.

My partial shift alerts me to sounds I would not have heard prior to my normal gait which allows me to distinctly hear the door to the room where I was situated to slam open. The resounding thud of a heavy wooden door slamming against its own hinges and echoes of creaking splintering wood reaching everyone's ears in the vicinity.

No matter what, I know I'm on my own without even my wolfs backing when it comes to a situation like this. She might be angry now but just the mere thought of our mate will cause her to shift her stance and go over to his side of the battle. The damn domesticated wolf retreats further at the growls that reach me from the end of the castle as my stomping turns into a brisk walk and then a gentle jog so that I can escape the King's clutches. My inner animal already seems to be turning tables as she pushes thoughts of our mate further into my mind. Images of a heaving Malleus with anger blazing in his eyes as he slams that door open. Chest moving up and down with exertion as his deliciously toned muscles flex causing his already bulging biceps to tighten tantalisingly further. His sharp dark blue eyes searing me to the spot as his rough stern demeanour glares down at me from his higher position, his sharp jaw clenching and unclenching as he tells me how I need to be put in my place.

The blush on my face is enough to cause me to snap out of the haze filled delirium that I'm almost magically put in. Pushing myself out of my horny wolf induced stupor. That in itself causes my legs to fasten in their movement as my nose pushes instead further into the air, inhaling deeply so as to gather the scent of my little hunting party that I had come with.

A cacophony of smells greet my nose but another inhale into my lungs causes the particular smell of my home and pack mates to register within me. The smell of damp soil and Jasmine invading my senses that sends a pang of home sickness to flood through me.

I hate how one part of me has already accepted the fact that this is my home now. That I won't be going back with the rest of them to cure the Luna and that I'll only probably see any of my old pack mates and family when I go on some planned visit for King Malleus to greet the in-laws or something and I'll have to do the same.