Spiral

Please check out the authors note at the bottom of the chapter!

Fie Wright's P. O. V

The walk back to the giant castle I now call home was a short one as Malleus' swift pace covered ground quickly. All the while I was tucked into his arms and bounced up and down with each footstep. My face cradled into his neck as I inhaled to my hearts content, his unique smell driving me stir crazy especially after the rough night I spent cradled in his arms only to wake up to a sight that drove my wolf into a maddening stupor.

"Your wolf is beautiful." Malleus utters, breaking the silence while also rendering me speechless. Those simple words having so much significance to not only me but my wolf who howls internally, thrumming with pride and pleasure at our mates approval of us. I smile gently, hoping he doesn't sense it since my head is still borrowed in the crook of his neck. Calming my palpitating heart down, I lift my head and mutter a somewhat shy 'thank you.' Not showing him how such simple words mean the world to me.

"I'm not going to lie, but I was a bit disappointed at not seeing your wolf." I say nonchalantly. What takes me by surprise is how my mate stills for a second, his body movement faltering on the wet patch of grass before resuming his footsteps once more. Droplets of rain continue to come down in a gentle drizzle as Malleus lets out a low sigh, tightening his arms around me as he places a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Maybe next time." He says while I nod, trying to not let his endearing actions render me a hot mess.

The trek continues for a bit and it makes me realise how far Malleus actually took me, out of reach from any wolves that would dare to attack the King's mate. I nearly cringe at the thought of that happening, already imagining what a blood bath that would be.

As the castle comes into view from between the thick foliage, I expect Malleus to let me down but he shows no intention of doing so as he doesn't halter in the slightest. My mind takes me back to the first time I saw the castle, my breath catching in much the same way at the sheer beauty of it all, still not being able to comprehend its entirety.

A low gasp escapes me, suddenly remembering the sole reason why I came hear. My own wolf whines, not liking how I forgot the entire reason. Sitting up straighter, I try to connect my eyes with Malleus but falter with the movement.

"What is it mate?" He questions, eyebrow arched but not seeming too bothered at my gasp of shock.

"The others who want to cure Luna Aria. Did they reach? Have you heard any word from them?" I question, my voice going down with the guilt I'm feeling as I do the math, they should have reached home either yesterday or today, I think disdainfully. Not liking at all how I've forgotten something so important as my Luna being treated.

"Calm down Fie," Malleus soothes as he rubs his arm up and down my back, "I contacted them yesterday. They've been slowed down with the torrent of rain and should be reaching sometime now. I'll contact them once we get you out of this rain and into a warmer place." He says with finality in his tone, letting me know that me edging him to contact them won't work until he tends to me.

I nod after a slight pause, disliking how I can't mind link with them due to the distance put between us. I'm surprised even Ezra hasn't mentioned anything about his father and the rest of the small group.

Our surroundings change to that of the garden and from here I can see the gold glint of the outside patio door. My ears strain so I can listen into the castle but surprisingly the hustle and bustle that usually surrounds it doesn't exist. My hearing appears to prove correct as we step inside, only to find not even a single worker. I frown at the lack of noise, not liking how silent it is especially considering the time of day, the early mornings causing the castle be brimming with people as it's swept clean along with the advisors and other officials running around trying to escape the King's wrath.