Howl

Fie Wright's P. O. V

The feeling is all too familiar as I get lowered to the ground, much closer to the muddy path than I was a few seconds ago as I transition from human to wolf. My brown paws huge and leaving prints in its wake as I lower my about to the ground and twitch my nose, inhaling the new scents that encapsulate me with my even better heightened senses. Twitching my droopy ears, I catch the sound of bones cracking and heating against each other as my mate too takes his true wild form.

My once tranquil state at being left free now turns into antsy expectations at the thought of catching sight of my mate in mere seconds. I'm so worked up I almost run towards the sound of gyrating bones but instead, dig my long claws into the ground to hold me steady. As much as my wolf would like to sneak up on my sexy beast of a mate in all his naked glory, I don't think I'll be able to live up to transforming back and holding eye contact at being caught eavesdropping on him being in an intimate position.

No! Naughty wolf.

'Have you shifted?' Comes Malleus' rough baritone, the voice deeper and almost a guttural growl even though our voices remain the same even through mindlink when we're shifted.

'Yes. Are you decent?' I question hesitantly, not even bothering to conceal the excitement in my tone at seeing my mate in his wolf form.

I'm not awarded with a verbal answer and instead, hear the sound of large paws thudding their way into the soft flesh of the ground, soil crumbling apart under foot as my mate's heavy limbs work their way towards me. Letting out a huff in protest at how slow he's walking, I too start in his direction, eager to cross the heavy foliage and lay eyes on my adored Malleus.

Milky strands of a white, almost blond shade of fur streaked with flecks of woody brown line the four appendages and underbelly of my towering mate. His stature dwarfing me in both human and animal form as he looms above me with his head raised high but tilted. Mimicking his movements, I rake my eyes further over the wolf's expanse, taking note of how his whiteish hair darkens in shades and tones till it goes from a light black and then darker to a smattering of black over the expanse of his spine and down to the wisp of his tail. The most intriguing pattern of my mate's fur has my tongue slipping out of my mouth and passed my canines as I let out a little laugh at how the black fur covers the top most part of his head and just near his snout, ending at the bit near his eyes where it fades to a light brown. Almost making the wolf look like some superhero in disguise with a bad eye covering mask.

'Yeah. Yeah. Laugh as much as you want.' Malleus grunts, stepping forward and nudging me with his slightly wet nose which I return with equal adoration.

'You look funny to say the least.' My laughter is apparent even via mindlink as I sit back onto my haunches, taking in every inch of my mate and loving how he does the same, the both of us enchanted by the other as we take our time simply watching the other. Craning my neck up as high as I possibly can, I rub the top of my head against the expanse of his exposed chest, trying to get as much as my scent onto him as I possible can. A temporary mark that will ward off all potential unmated wolves. Malleus seems to like the idea as much as I do since he copies my actions, the both of us accidentally butting heads much more than once.

With a final nudge of my body against his chest, I step back and sniff the air, completely satisfied as my own scent encompasses his own till you can barely differentiate one from the other. My face as smug as possibly can be in the form of a wolf, I take a step backwards while narrowing my eyes at him, Malleus himself tilting his head to the side as he tries to understand my intentions.

No one said we couldn't have a little fun now could they?

Lowering the front of my body till my chest is just hovering above the ground, I raise the apex of my butt and waggling tail high in the air as a low grumbling sound escapes me. Malleus appears even more confused at the growl that I'm releasing until it registers in his mind that my wolf and I are in a playful mood. Dropping his large head in recognition, Malleus places one large fluffy paw in a gait that lets me know he's ready to attack any moment. I try to make my movement as slow as possible so I can catch him off guard as I prowl towards him slowly, feigning left but onsite as jumping right as I twist my body and nip gently at the skin in front of me before turning around and flitting.